|Location:||Leeds City Centre|
|Salary:||£7.83 - £7.83|
|Start Date:||2019-02-04 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Wright|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2019 14:33|
We currently have an opportunity for a Receptionist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Main responsibilities
- Meet and greet in a friendly and polite manner all visitors to the client site and ensure their passage into and out of the building is as smooth as possible whilst complying with procedural and security requirements.
- To represent Sodexo in a positive manner at all times, and work closely with the Estates Directorate contact responsible for the site to provide effective interface between all teams based on site
- To answer all incoming calls to the switchboard promptly, accurately and politely, then routing the call to the relevant client staff, or where appropriate taking messages.
- To support our client in a range of administrative tasks that ensure the smooth operation of Reception services to support client staff in their day to day roles.
- To contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations in line with client and Sodexo expectations.
- Embracing the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values
- To receive all incoming calls to the switchboard forward to the relevant client staff, or where appropriate forward messages to client staff if unavailable to take the call
- To meet and greet all staff, visitors and contractors via Reception
- Regular liaison and collaboration with Client staff, other agencies and suppliers as well as members of the public
- Maintain accuracy of all information received by and provided by Reception staff including relevant Health & Safety information for the building
- Planning and Organising
- Maintain an up to date list of all staff vehicles parking for which parking permits have been issued, including owner information should they need to be contacted for any reason
- Ensure that all visitors and/or contractors sign in and out of site via the approved method such as signing in/out books or electronic visitor management systems
- Support client staff in the event of an emergency evacuation by ensuring that all visitors and/or contractors are accounted for, and report any issues to the Incident Control Officer or Deputy Incident Control Officer.
- Keep accurate records of all visitor/contractor passes issued and returned to ensure building security, including taking contact details in the event of a failed return. Any issues to be reported to the nominated Client contact
- To receive and sort any Royal Mail and other deliveries and post into the relevant mailbox at Reception for Client Staff, or notify the relevant department of delivery
- To receive deliveries from DX and to inform the relevant team of the delivery
- Provide an efficient taxi booking service
- Facilitate Contractor visitors including Induction to Office/Emergency Procedures
- Programme and Deactivate building/car park access passes and maintain an accurate log of all passes issued and contact details, any losses reported to the Client Area Facilities Manager
- As and when required make bookings for Conference/Meetings rooms and associated car parking, including updating the Yorkshire & Humberside computerised conference room diary as appropriate
- Ensure that the Visitor’s area of Reception is kept tidy at all times
- To act as a central point of contact to report all building related issues as required to the Helpdesk (KBR), and providing regular updates to the relevant client staff and client area manager
- Maintain appropriate records for all casework deliveries in accordance with the provided written guidance, and ensure secure storage until collected and signed for by the relevant client member of staff
- Working with others/teamwork
- Working with a range of client staff from multiple teams as part of day to day operations
- Coordinate with other colleagues within the MOJ team as well as within the wider Sodexo teams
- Service excellence
- The role holder will be responsible for driving all aspects of service excellence within their operational role including brand integrity, quality, compliance, Sodexo’s corporate social responsibility and service standards.
- The role holder will at all times be a brand ambassador and emulate Sodexo’s vision and values, including those of Better Tomorrow 2025, to maximise brand engagement and reputation amongst client staff, visitors, contractors and members of the public.
- Continuous development
- The role holder will undergo continuous professional development within their role to further develop their skills and knowledge, including undertaking any necessary internal or external training as reasonably requested
- This list is not exhaustive, and from time to time the role holder may be asked to carry out other reasonable duties commensurate with the role.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within a corporate office environment
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate familiarity with working in line with relevant data protection regulations at any given time
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Willing to undertake additional training as may be required by the role in future, including but not limited to first aid, IT systems training, and security awareness.
- Willing to undergo security checks in line with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard as a minimum as required by our client
- Experience of working in government agency environments
- First Aid at Work (or Emergency First Aid at Work)
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Facilities Management tools
- A good understanding of the Facilities Management industry, and in particular the role Front of House Services play in delivering Quality of Life services to clients and end users
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's