|Job Title:||Chef (Defence)|
|Salary:||£9.42 - £9.42|
|Start Date:||2019-07-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Davies|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2019 10:30|
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
- 20 days paid annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service.
- Company pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers are available.
- Employment discount program
- We offer comprehensive benefits that let full- and part-time employees choose the plans that are right for them
- We guarantee all employees will receive respect and fair treatment
- Ensuring a safe and secure workplace
- Providing training on-the-job, online and in classroom settings that help you excel in your current job and advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Opening the doors to higher education
- An employee incentive scheme
As a Chef you will be responsible for:
- Preparation and cooking of food
- Ensuring the kitchen areas are clean and tidy
- Health and safety regulations, ensuring they are followed at all times
- Delivering a world class customer experience to our customers and staff
- Assisting in all areas of the kitchen for breakfast, lunch and hospitality
- Assisting the Head Chef or Chef Manager with paperwork including stock ordering
- Menu planning
- Menu costings
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent craft skills
- Previous chef experience and good communication skills
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate (advantageous but not essential)
- Basic Health and Safety certificate (advantageous but not essential)
- Good customer service skills
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.