|Salary||£45000 - £55000 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
Up to £55k
The Business, a true global leader in the Defence sector, number 1 in Europe and boasting revenue of over £3b and employing over 10,000 people. We are looking to appoint a UK Procurement Manager due to growth and to support the essential work delivered by a global Procurement and Supply Chain function responsible for procuring and managing the supply chain for direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. The total spend is approximately €500M per year across a European supply chain.
The Procurement Manager role is a part the UK Mechanical Procurement team. The role is to provide the line management, function development and resource management for the mechanical procurement buyer team of 8. This supports the alignment and co-ordination between Buyers, Category Management and Supply Chain Manager communities and provide support to meet business needs. The role will be based around the direct management of a team of 8 Buyers at varying levels alongside collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
As a Procurement Manager you will be driving towards achieving a vision of ‘Creating and enabling the conditions to shape the best performing and sustainable supply base capable of supporting global leadership'.
What are we looking for?
• HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and or Business Studies or applicable experience
• Commercial acumen, CIPS qualified desired.
• Excellent team leadership, building and communication skills, both written and verbal (Adaptation)
• Proactive approach / self-starter(Lead)
• Excellent negotiation/influencing skills (Lead)
• Good knowledge of cost make-up and pricing(Lead)
• Knowledge and experience of SAP (preferably Materials Management)
• Ability to operate within a European cultural framework
• French/Italian language skills would be an advantage but not essential
• Understanding of Product Assurance / Supply Chain Assurance (continuous improvement philosophy)
• Project Management skills
• Risk Management skills
• People Management and development (experience of direct line management is essential in this role).
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: This vacancy will require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
For more information please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Philip Bloomer of Procurement People.