|Salary||£10.12 per hour||Sector||Call Centre & Customer Service|
Location: Teviot House, Roddinglaw Road, Edinburgh, EH12 9DB
Pay Rate: £10.12ph - Potential performance based pay rise after 6 months
Contract Term: Temporary – Minimum 6 month contract – Permanent prospects are high
Working Times: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm with rotational Saturday 9am – 2pm
- Full paid training
- Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
- Overtime and bonus incentives
- Instant access to Blue Arrows online training portal
- Instant access to online retail discounts
- Annual Bonus
Help this leading financial service group become the best bank for customers by becoming one of their motivated and enthusiastic Telephony Advisors.
Working in a small team of 8-10 people and reporting to the Team Manager, your working day will involve helping customers to grow their business through assisting them with their enquiries and fulfilling their business banking needs. Proactively supporting customers through assistance and referrals to colleagues in other departments will ensure that your customers have an excellent experience every time.
This Telephony Advisor opportunity is a weekday job that provides flexible hours, excellent prospects and performance rewards. It is the perfect role for you if you enjoy talking people and making a real difference to someone’s day.
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Telephony Advisor, your natural people skills are much more important in a role like this so just a good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel and familiarity with using the internet and an excellent telephone manner will make you a great fit for this position.
A strong background in customer service, telephone support or call handling is advantageous but if you're used to dealing with customers whether it is face-to-face or over the phone in any capacity then you have the potential to become an exceptional Telephony Advisor. You will be well looked after with this fantastic employer who is committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support teaching you everything you need to know.
Your place of work will be in the EH12 area of Edinburgh. The location is supported by great transport links so getting to work is easy via public transport with the added bonus of an onsite staff car park for those who drive. The workplace benefits from an onsite canteen featuring a Starbucks and communal breakout areas for all staff to use.
If you are looking to the future, then it is good to know that career progression prospects are high with this employer. They have been supporting customers, colleagues, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years and are renowned for taking high performing staff on into permanent roles.
The recruitment process starts with an online competency based interview (SOVA). If you are successful you will be invited to take part in a role play based exercise.
It is important that customers know that the people handling calls, enquiries and account administration duties can be trusted with sensitive and personal data and so a vetting process for candidates is in place. Part of this is ensuring that candidates have a clear credit and criminal record. Once you have passed this vetting process you have the chance to join the team and get started providing a professional and helpful service every time, for this bank’s amazing customers.
- Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service business banking customer queries.
- Take ownership of business customer problems, solving them at first point of contact and escalate when required.
- Build long lasting professional relationships with peers to clarify facts, exchange information and assist each other in resolving enquiries.
- Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the banking group by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add.
- Demonstrate consistently the banking groups values and behaviours.
- Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development.
- Support the wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met.
- Personally, contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and where customers feel valued.
- Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of business customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with specified process and procedures.
- Excellent communication - oral and written.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Continuous improvement mind set.
- A keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the banking brands end to end goals.
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Motivated team player.
- Clear credit history & clear criminal record.
As a Telephony Advisor for this banking brand you will benefit from the support that helps you take ownership of your own personal development and training.
There are a number of available positions so this role will be advertised constantly for the next few months providing plenty of opportunities for the right people to land an excellent job with an excellent company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.