Technical Support Manager
|Job Title:||Technical Support Manager|
|Contact Name:||Sorcha Allen|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2019 17:49|
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
Salary: £33,000 per annum
About The role
We are looking for a Customer Support Technical Manager to join our dynamic team based in Bridgwater. Our customers demand outstanding technical support and this role will play a vital role in aiding the team to deliver this every day. You will be part of a team who are a centre of technical excellence within the organisation and considered best in class within the industry.
Your primary purpose is to lead the team, ensuring our customer and consumer expectations are met in an agile manner, whilst building and nurturing lasting customer relationships.
Key Tasks (include but not limited to)
* To manage the technical relationship between customers and reporting key customer KPI's and initiate corrective actions when KPI's are not within defined targets
* Liaise closely with site quality teams to ensure customer expectations are understood and effectively implemented
* Facilitate customer site visits / audits to ensure customer expectations are exceeded
* Ensure customer enquiries are met with timely, accurate and appropriate responses
* Liaise with commercial account handlers to understand and drive the implementation of customer driven quality improvements
* Ensure appropriate technical representation is provided at customer review meetings, including benchmarking exercises, with customers. Providing the necessary technical information as required to ensure that actions are agreed, followed up and communicated accurately and on time
* Liaise with local government TSO's and EHO's for the resolution of enforcement queries or actions
* To liaise with site technical and operations teams to ensure any escalated customer complaints or withdrawals are investigated, root cause determined and corrective actions put in place.
* An empowering team leader that has a clear vison of supporting their teams development
* Degree in a Science or Food Technology or 5+ years industry experience in an influential technical/quality role
* Demonstrable operational experience, together with significant exposure, gained ideally in a fast moving consumer goods environment.
* Fully conversant with modern manufacturing methodologies
* An Innovative and entrepreneurial thinker, with a strong interest in food / drink
* Passionate about improving quality systems
Hours of Work
Core hours are 39 hours per week, and any other hours necessary in order to fulfil the requirements of the role. Some travelling may be required.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this role is circa £33k. Offering a good company pension scheme as well as 2x basic salary life assurance plus 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays.
If you think you'd be right for the role or would like more information regarding the role, please apply directly via our website and Sorcha Allen from our Bridgwater branch will be in touch.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Engineering Support Op
£16649 per annum
£55000 - £60000 per annum
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£24000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: Free parking, 28 days holiday
£50000 - £60000 per annum