|Job Title:||Technical Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Matt Burns|
|Job Published:||December 10, 2018 08:58|
Our client is a very well established and manufacturing organisation based in Wrexham. They are currently looking for a Technical Manager to Manager their R & D and application Engineers, this is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a large but agile organisation at the heart of the operation.
They apply thier own-designed electronics control modules to customers' specified applications and, using a variety of bought-in components, build bespoke solutions to suit particular building project needs.
The Company has built and developed a brand and reputation based upon our depth of technical knowledge, which is used to provide leading-edge technology product and applications solutions and customer technical support.
Acorn Recruitment are looking for a hands-on Technical Manager who is able to lead and manage our Research & Development and Applications Engineering teams in line with the Company's strategy. We have market-leading products and services, which need to be continuously improved and developed to sustain our growth in sales and operating profits. The Technical Manager will report to the Managing Director and will have a position within the senior management team.
* Management of all technical activities in accordance with best/cost-effective practice.
* Responsible for providing technical direction for design, development and systems application from the definition phase through to full implementation and end-of-life.
* Coach, mentor and develop staff as required
* Management of the technical project plans and revision as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Identify areas for improvement and lead the implementation of effective and sustainable solutions where appropriate.
* Management of industry code change monitoring and compliance.
* Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and management of resources accordingly
* Provide technical updates to the senior management team.
* Liaises with the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of Order Book execution.
* Proven track record of innovation and technical management in delivering sustainable technical solutions
* Will have experience of FMEA and, ideally, PRINCE2 techniques.
* A manager of people with a measurable track record of creating and managing successful technical teams and projects; will have a significant responsibility for performance evaluation and people development.
* A good facilitator and communicator.
* A strong completer/finisher mentality with good analytical skills. Strategic improvements must be deliverable, tangible and objective orientated.
* Qualified to degree level with a minimum of three years' senior technical management experience within an electro-mechanical engineering environment.
* Proven track record of delivering New Product Development
Excellent salary for the successful candidate and strong progression opportunities.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Technical Compliance Manager
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Technical Services Manager (Hard FM)
Up to £50,000 depending on experience
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits Package + Career Development
£28000 - £32000 per annum