Team Manager/Senior Probation Officer (Safeguarding) – advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC
|Job Title:||Team Manager/Senior Probation Officer (Safeguarding) – advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC|
|Location:||Peterborough and Luton|
|Salary:||Band 5 starting salary of £35,549|
|Start Date:||2019-03-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2019 08:49|
BeNCH CRC are currently recruiting for a Team Manager/Senior Probation Officer (Safeguarding) split between offices in Peterborough and Luton.
You will be required to lead and manage a group of operational domestic violence workers in delivering probation services in accordance with the needs of the Safeguarding Team, policies, standards and objectives. You will also work in partnership with other agencies and local stakeholders to ensure the co-ordinated delivery of services and the achievements of good outcomes for service users.
The Diploma in Probation Studies, PQUIP, CQSW, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent qualification is essential for these posts.Package description
Band 5 starting salary £35,549 per annum
37 hours per week on a 2 years fixed term contract, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
The Diploma in Probation Studies, PQUIP, CQSW, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent qualification is essential for these posts.Main responsibilities
- Manage and maintain programmes and other activities to meet the requirements of the Safeguarding Team and performance targets.
- Establish and maintain effective links with partnership agencies especially Children’s Safeguarding
- Contribute to the establishment of strategies and procedures to guide the work of your team
- Ensure that members of your team are competent to manage risk escalation and work with high risk cases.
- Implement internal policies and procedures for risk management
- Facilitate training for partners and staff, delivering where appropriate
- Manage contract delivery and verify expenditure
- Categorise and manage high risk cases
- Train, motivate and develop teams and individuals and be responsible for planning, allocating and evaluating work carried out.
- Carry out risk of harm assessments and participate in interventions as required
- Keep up to date with any new developments and ensure that the team is also briefed.
- Obtain, record and analyse information to devise solutions to problems, develop strategies and aid decision making and problem solving by others.
- Diploma in Probation Studies, PQUIP, CQSW, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent qualification is essential
- Experience of assessing and managing risk especially in relation to domestic violence and child safeguarding
- Ability to work as part of a partnership set up as part of the Safeguarding Team
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Understanding of the dynamic risk in relation to safeguarding and domestic violence
- Understanding of programmes delivery related to managing risk
- Experience of supporting, developing and managing others to improve performance
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to take control of situations and act assertively when required
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
The role of BeNCH CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 10 major towns: Hemel, Stevenage, St Albans, Cambridge, Kettering, Northampton, Wellingborough, Luton, Huntingdon, Peterborough. BeNCH CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Community Payback Supervisors - Advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC
Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum
Sessional Community Payback Supervisors - Advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC
Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire
£11.94 plus enhancements for weekend working
Programme Facilitator/Programme Tutor (PSO) - Advertised on behalf of Essex CRC
Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum
£38000 - £45000 per annum
Head of Quality & Accreditation
£52000 per annum