|Salary||£38460 - £48676 per annum||Sector||Education & Training|
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Primary contact on all projects / contracts providing tax advice to support financial business modelling / decisions
• Handling VAT and Corporation tax matters, to provide advice to staff within the organisation, and deal with both professional advisors and Customs and Excise
• To be responsible for the maintenance of accurate records for the management and accounting for Endowment Funds
• To assist in the production of the year-end accounts of the organisation and subsidiary companies within agreed timescales, provide support on consolidation adjustments, inter-company transactions and taxation issues
• To provide support to the Financial Controller in dealings with Charity Commissioners
• To oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and associated undertakings as appropriate and to develop and maintain appropriate financial procedures.
• To be responsible for the production of management accounts and other management information for the subsidiary companies within the agreed timescales, working closely with both the Financial Controller and the Financial Reporting and Planning
• To take a lead role in the tendering for services (eg, taxation )
• Liaise with internal and external auditors in connection with both the year-end audit and internal audit programme
• Assess and implement appropriate training for staff within the line management responsibility, as part of the SRD process
• Deputise for the Financial Controller as and when required. This may include chairing committees or working groups, management of complex issues, co-ordination of projects which cut across the organisation, responsibility for payments
We are looking for someone who has previous experience working in a similar role, and who has the ability to interpret and explain tax legislation to non-finance stakeholders. You will have an in-depth knowledge of financial accounting processes and procedures, and up to date knowledge of FRS102. Good interpersonal, communication skills, and the ability to work on your own initiative are also key to this role.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.