|Salary||£28985 - £35000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Your main role is to support and provide important information to the network engineer, leakage team and to other internal stakeholders.
You will work in conjunction with the network optimisation engineer to manage access to the clean water network and contribute to developing and implementing a sustainable longer-term strategy to run a calm network within regulatory requirements with high area reporting availability. Day to day duties include:
- Monitor, investigate and resolve pressure issues, complaints and escalations as highlighted either directly by the customer or by alarming critical pressure points, understanding areas and developing solutions to individual problems.
- Support the network engineer in facilitating engineering and customer led projects.
- Support the network engineer in the management of unplanned emmergency events with a view to mitigating against adverse effects to the customer.
- Co-ordinate logging of pressure managed areas and managent of information.
- Ensure all network operations follow current signed off asset management procedures and that the risk assessment process is properly implemented and monitored in a timely fashion.
- Assist with analysis of long-term network issues such as loss of pressure, low flows, area integrity, network resilience.
- You will also be required to provide support during unplanned emergency events.
A degree or equivalent in a relatable subject would be advantageous. in depth knowledge of hydraulic principles, industry experience, an understanding of GIS mapping software and hydraulic modelling packages would also be ideal.
Strong communication skills are needed and confidence when negotiating with internal stakeholders in this post. It is essential that the candidate possesses good analytical, problem solving, reasoning and negotiating skills.
What’s in it for you:
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a busy operational environment. The network analyst is a member of the network optimisation team, who are the asset owners of the clean water network. You will be tasked with achieving key operational and regulatory targets, vital for us to maintain and improve its performance at a time when the business faces unprecedented challenges.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.