Supplier Development Engineer
|Job Title:||Supplier Development Engineer|
|Salary:||£28000 - £32000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Hanif Robbani|
|Job Published:||June 26, 2019 17:18|
1. The management and development of suppliers during the prototype phase of projects through to production release.
2. Understanding of technical requirements to support correct supplier selection
3. Support and engage in redesign reviews to promote solutions that are easy to purchase, maximise quality and minimised cost.
4. Purchasing and control of prototype and low rate production hardware to ensure premier customer service and allow smooth transfer to full series production.
5. Create supply chain timing plans, monitor and progress through to a timely conclusion.
6. Conduct supplier visits and audits to ensure alignment and optimised performance
7. Progress 8D and A3 investigations to ensure corrective actions for quality issues
8. Participate in high performance team (HPT) activities to ensure good team working
9. Participate in Lean activities to ensure continuous improvement
10. Comply with Compnay Health & Safety Regulations
1. Work with engineering to ensure supplier capability
2. Research external market to identify potential sources and suppliers.
3. Responsible for the liaison with suppliers from prototype through to production.
4. Responsible for the creation and successful execution of prototype plans from Supply Chain through to Manufacturing to meet customer expectations
5. Ensure prototype and low rate production parts are available to meet customers demands.
6. Audit and asses new and existing supplier capabilities to ensure they meet ISO 14001 standards
7. Lead problem solving activities to identify supplier quality issues.
8. Main point of contact for supplier quality issues within the Supply Chain team.
9. The successful completion of allocated continuous improvement tasks within the supplier base.
Job Holder Requirements
1. Preferred HND or higher qualification in Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain related discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
2. Experience of 8D problem solving
3. Experience of Supplier Audits.
4. Experience of working with MS Office
5. Working knowledge of jde
6. Lean manufacturing knowledge
7. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
8. Experience in manufacturing capabilities.
1. Flexible approach to the fluctuating workloads and the ability to respond to demanding deadlines.
2. Ability to ensure tasks are completed right first time.
3. Demonstrable planning and organisational skills and the ability to talk to suppliers and work colleagues at all levels
4. Reliable and self motivated
5. Excellent people skills with the ability to lead and motivate
6. Ability to adapt calmly to changing situations.
7. Leads and works collaboratively as part of a team to meet defined objectives
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's