|Salary||£28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Company Van + Fuel Card||Sector||Building & Construction|
Location - Torpoint
Salary - £28,000 - £32,000
Reporting to - Regional Manager
Interview Date - TBC
Start Date - ASAP
A company who I am working closely with have a new opportunity for a Supervisor - The purpose of the role is to plan and supervise direct staff and sub-contractors so that all operational activities for the main contract and additional works are delivered and KPIs and targets met.
The successful Supervisor will be expected to manage designated teams in all aspects including; H&S, HR, performance and delivery. Although the primary location will be Torpoint, you may be expected to travel to other locations around Torpoint when .
Main Duties and responsibilities of the successful Supervisor -
- Take leading role in allocating and scheduling planned, reactive and remedial maintenance work for direct staff and sub-contractors to deliver tasks within the SLA as well as additional works up to the value of £25,000.
- Ensure sufficient resources including; labour, parts, materials and tools and equipment have been arranged and are in place.
- Identify skills, competencies and any training needs of staff to ensure tasks can be delivered.
- Performance manage staff including; objective setting, appraisals, managing poor performance and recognising achievements.
- Undertake local staff management processes; recruitment, absence and leave management, welfare, grievances and disciplinary.
- Deliver communication processes including tool box talks.
- Use systems, data and statistics to monitor performance and identify any areas that require improvement.
- Carry out WIP and retro inspections.
- Develop improvement plans and new ways or working through teamwork.
- Report as required to Managers on operational performance and improvement plans and provide requested data, statistics and financial information.
- Promote a pro-active safety culture. This will include checking of risk assessments, method statements as well as conducting site safety inspections and audits.
- Lead by example to adhere to company processes and in support of ISO 9001 quality systems accreditation.
- Maintain call out rota and inform Helpdesk of change.
- Completed or working towards NVQ in Facilities Management or Supervisory Management qualification.
- Willing to undertake Safety Management qualification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of achieving targets within a budget/fixed price contract.
- Previous experience of working within an MOD environment • Previous experience on a FM contract.