|Salary||£31,000 - £35,000 DOE||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
The sub contract manager is responsible for operationally supporting with the management and coordination of all catering equipment maintenance (Core and retail) across Allenby/Connaught (Hobart). You will plan, organise and co-ordinate the maintenance & reactive support for every Hygiene Waste Bin across Allenby/Connaught, working in conjunction with PHS and provide all sites within Allenby/Connaught a single point of contact for all matters relating to PHS or Hobart related issues or escalations. You must ensure that sites are supported and have a clear point of escalation for yearly PAT testing requirements within Allenby/Connaught when using PHS and plan, organise and co-ordinate the maintenance schedules for every kitchen across Allenby/Connaught, working in conjunction with Hobart (maintenance contractor). You will co-ordinate and present the life cycle programme for all kitchens across Allenby/Connaught and assist the CRL Manager with the coordination of key CRL projects and to own delegated projects whilst providing key updates and communications at key stages. You will attend meetings across garrisons, regarding the Hobart & PHS contracts plus CRL projects and you will be the ain point of contact for Hobart & PHS, Account Managers, Service managers and Aspire regarding the Hobart & PHS contract items.Package description
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, bonus and a flexible benefits fund.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To work in conjunction with Service Managers, Retail Managers and Catering Managers, to plan, organise and coordinate service activity within own assigned operational business area
- To contribute to the growth of CRL services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- Active involvement, promotion and support of activities aligned towards employee engagement and achievement of IIP Gold standard
- Develop and maintain a positive internal and external network
- Previous experience of working in a catering operational role
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge and operating expertise in use of Microsoft Products (excel: is a must)
- Able to provide understanding of data driven results to make key decisions and recommendations
- Able to demonstrate a natural calm in the face of challenges and SME status amongst peers
- Client and Stakeholder management skills
- Must have an intermediate level food safety certificate
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work well under pressure
- People management skills including general HR skills, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Excellent planning and organising
- Experience of working within military environment
- Working knowledge of contractor management
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.