|Salary||£19,000 - £22,000||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Do you know what students want from their University experience? Are you engaging and passionate about people? We are looking to recruit a Student Experience and Business Support Manager to lead student engagement for a large university. Through innovation, event management, general business support and effective communication (marketing, PR, social media), you will act as the Sodexo brand ambassador and ensure that students are supported, engaged and enjoying their university experience.
If you are self-motivated, creative, have fresh ideas and would like to work in an exciting and diverse university environment this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
Fixed Term Contract until 31/12/2019.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
• Provide an innovative student experience to all students at the University of Nottingham with particular attention to feedback, marketing, social media and engagement.
• Build a strong relationship with Nottingham Conferences and ensure smooth running and support of all events.
• Manage and report on student engagement and marketing initiatives.
• Maintain and grow social media channels, increasing engagement and continuously pushing for innovation.
• Manage the on-site communications with internal news, announcements, updates and feedback.
• Innovate new and interesting ways to engage with students with a fun calendar of events.
• Support the Sodexo Account Team in operational activity pertaining to student behaviour and events.
• Build strong working relationships with university teams as appropriate.
• Previous experience in a similar customer focussed role.
• Experience of event coordination, ideally within a University or educational environment.
• Experience of using various communication mediums (marketing, PR) to engage and retain students or customers.
• Sound understanding of social media platforms and marketing.
• Highly personable with excellent customer focus.
• Strong communicator with an ability to communicate to all levels effectively.
• Proactive and highly organised.
• Extremely flexible.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.