|Job Title:||Structural Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: pension, additional benefits|
|Contact Name:||Patrick Jones|
|Job Published:||January 11, 2019 16:46|
I’m working with an interesting and successful civil and structural engineering consultancy in Cardiff which is just at the start of an exciting period of development. We are specifically looking for a Structural Engineer who wishes to push their career forward in a BIM environment, someone who wants to be actively involved the integration of design and modelling packages into this practices’ flagship projects
This is business handles a variety of projects across all traditional sectors, they also specialise In more sensitive engineering techniques. The office currently has 6 technical staff and is set to grow to around 16 over the next 18 months; this is a clear indicator of a healthy pipeline and sizable share of the local market. The idea is for candidates to grow with the business which would be beneficial for everyone involved.
Projects have included:
- The £4m rooftop extension for a nationally recognised dance academy
- £16M Refurbishment of Grade 1 listed building + £3M new entrance building The scheme involves both refurbishment of a remarkable Grade I listed architectural icon and the addition of a significant, contemporary newbuild extension, incorporating three storey glass curtain walling suspended from a cantilevering steel skeleton. The application of photogrammetry has enabled the modelling of this staggeringly complex historic building and explain structural concepts to the team and client. The project is BIM Level 2 coordinated between consultant
- £2.5M Refurbishment of Grade 2* listed building, contemporary insertion within existing market hall providing library and council facilities, “Community Hub”
- £2.5M Refurbishment of Grade 2* listed building into community arts/performance space.
The business is constantly evolving it’s methods of working, becoming increasingly familiar and proficient with three-dimensional analysis and detailing. They believe there is an imperative to keep up with technology and aspire to be pioneering application of BIM and other innovative techniques such as photogrammetry and dynamic assessment, particularly in heritage projects. Current software packages include Revit and Tekla Building Designer
We are looking for an experienced structural engineer who is able or willing to:
- Manage their own workload in a 360 structural engineering role.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and consultant and develop relationships
- Assist in the development of the team, encouraging new staff into the business
- Developing junior staff
- Delivering projects in a timely fashion and assisting on larger schemes
This practice offers exciting and interesting work. A motivated, supportive and focused small team based in Cardiff Bay. A flexible and understanding approach to family and personal commitments with an informal flexi-time arrangement. Support and motivation towards achieving personal development and career goals. Autonomy and responsibility for projects. While every project is overseen by a Director, all engineers are expected to manage most aspects of their projects, including managing fees, communications with design teams, clients and statutory bodies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£32000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: pension, additional benefits
£32 - £36 per hour
£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 5% pension, 25 days holiday, Healthcare
£26000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: pension, additional benefits
£27000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: bonus scheme, 25 days holiday flexible working