|Job Title:||Stores Operative|
|Location:||Newcastle Upon Tyne|
|Start Date:||2019-06-26 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Emma Halliwell|
|Job Published:||June 26, 2019 11:49|
Based at our customers site in Newcastle, the Stores Operative role is a vital part of operations, working within a team environment providing support to the workshop.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary and pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 year plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
A Stores Operative is required to join a small team to support our customer in Newcastle.
Tasks will include
- Raise purchase orders
- Book in and close down purchase orders
- Process requisition notes
- Contact suppliers for technical assistance and advice for parts and pricing
- Handle invoice queries
- Assist engineers in determining part numbers
- Keep goods in area, stores and office tidy and clean
- Strong computer skills
- MS Office skills
- Clear communicator written and spoken
- Able to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Stores experience an advantage
- Mechanical engineering experience will be an advantage
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's