Specialist Hydraulics Engineer
|Job Title:||Specialist Hydraulics Engineer|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Salary:||Up to £21.07 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Megan Weaver|
|Job Published:||November 08, 2018 16:54|
Specialist Hydraulics Engineer
Acorn is recruiting on behalf of a client of ours for a Specialist Hydraulics Engineer to join their manufacturing site in Port Talbot.
The Hydraulic Engineers purpose/role is someone who is capable of hydraulic design with the ability to fault find and repair hydraulic components on complex hydraulic systems.
Applicants should have a sound understanding of Industrial hydraulic systems and have the ability to interpret hydraulic schematics and lead in Hydraulic design and modification.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
· Be familiar with and understand hydraulic requirements and standards used on a tier 1 COMAH facility.
· In depth knowledge of fault-finding and repair experience within hydraulics who are working in a heavy industry environment will be preferred.
· Fault finding and repair, involved in detailed analysis and the development of maintenance regimes for Industrial hydraulic systems. Involving closed loop and servo systems.
· In-ddepth understanding of modern hydraulic systems (Electrical & Mechanical Disciplines).
· Hydraulic Engineer with knowledge of advanced hydraulic systems and fluids used on all mechanical plant and equipment. Within a complex integrated steelworks environment.
· Ensure the Hydraulics/Mechanical and associated plant asset inventory is accurate and up-to-date.
· Hydraulic Engineer will be assessing a number of systems of a complex nature.
· Experienced in the application of hydraulic engineering standards with regards to the condition of mechanical ageing plant and equipment.
· Must be able to advise and develop hydraulic engineering standards for mechanical plant and equipment. (Hydraulic Systems) - main point of contact.
· Provide technical expertise/guidance to all site areas for all hydraulic applications and standards.
· Ensure and produce accurate reports with clear and precise observations / recommendations.
· Understand risk management to ALARP.
· Be familiar with the use of Excel, Word, SAP and be able to follow/apply the Central Engineering Maintenance Execution Process.
· Advises Works Managers, Senior Managers, Works Engineers, and Production Engineers on Hydraulic Engineering requirements. Also provide service and request work at short notice / unsociable hours / weekend working and call outs.
· Able to manage high volume of communications and information dissemination whilst carrying out normal day-to-day role as a Hydraulics Engineer.
· To deputise for the Senior Reliability Engineer when required (holiday periods).
· Direct supervision of contract labour, 3rd party services and in house labour for use on Hydraulic work (all aspects).
· Fully understand and comply with the companies Health & Safety Policy and relevant statutory duties, also legislative requirements.
· Takes contractors representatives on site and describes jobs for quotation purposes preparing sketches where necessary showing Inspection job content.
· Controls through the contractors, supervisors and work force contractor labour engaged on hydraulic engineering; ensuring work is completed on time to the right standard.
· Ensures safe working practices and good house-keeping of jobs under his teams control.
· Promote the development and implementation of new hydraulic engineering techniques and systems
· Inspect and reports on all accidents and dangerous occurrences (RIDDOR).
· Drives departmental hire van as of when required.
· Keep informed of advances in hydraulics Techniques and be innovative at all times.
· Checks contractors day work time sheets, contract prices and spread sheets for hours worked and material used, vets/scrutinised invoices for all jobs under his / her control; checks, manages and control budgets allocated.
· To portray Central Engineering Asset Integrity Team as a highly professional organisation at all times.
· To lead and direct contractor resources, as and when required (inspection).
· Maintains adequate up to date hydraulic/fluid maintenance records and continuously draws attention to any persistent failures, with the integration of the SAP Management Database. Also be able to use SAP on a daily basis and the Central Engineering Maintenance Execution Process. Also updates Risk Register continuously.
· Works during plant shut downs, evenings, nights shifts if need be and be liable to call out and work unsociable hours/weekends on request of Production Departments (to complete/evaluate inspection reports).
· To build up close relationships with, Senior Managers, Production personnel, pre-engineering and site services teams, customers and understand the plant and equipment problems.
· To ensure AOP targets and Central Engineering goals are met.
· To be totally familiar and implement as appropriate the companies Health & Safety Policy and relevant statutory duties
Requirements / Personal Specification:
· Degree (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering, with speciality in advanced hydraulic/fluid engineering.
· 3-5yrs experience in heavy industry is a preferred.
Hourly Rate: £21.07 per hour
Contract Hours: 36.5 per week
Holidays: 35 days
Contract length: 6 month agency temp
Keywords; Hydraulics, engineer, engineering, manufacturing, industrial, heavy industry, schematics, mechanical, fluid engineering
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's