|Salary||£13.40 - £13.40||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We currently have an opportunity for a Sous Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
Richmond American University
We provide meals for resident students and non-resident students and staff. Also hospitality events and other fun events throughout the year.
A great opportunity to develop your career within this team of 20 staff and to support the Head Chef in creating a new menu offer to International Students.
Hours will be regular Monday to Friday and alternative Sunday's.Main responsibilities
· Comply with statutory and company requirements
· To take ownership of all hospitality functions, with support of Head Chef
· Assist the Head Chef with the smooth running of the kitchen in regards to heading up all hospitality functions, and delivery of the core catering food
· To monitor the cooking, chilling and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCP procedures
· To liaise with the Hospitality and FOH teams to ensure all crockery is correct and ready for service
· To be responsible for organising the pass, setting up hotplates and arranging shams
· To ensure that service and all functions are set up correctly to ensure smooth service
· To actively delegate and encourage the team to be proactive in ensuring that all preparation is done in good time for every function
· To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regards to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies
· To hold pre service briefs with Hospitality/FOH Manager and waiting staff
· To pre-empt any unforeseen problems and have the foresight to implement a solution before it becomes an issue
· Hospitality will be the main focus of this role, however when hospitality is low you will be required to assist with main kitchen shifts
· Ensure that temperatures of fridges, freezers and all hot cupboards/services are monitored and recorded in line with Company Regulations and Food Safety Act
· Assist with the hygienic cleaning of kitchen to comply with all Health and Safety regulations
· Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards
· Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues
· Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices
· Delivering a positive and proactive attitude towards colleagues and visitors, and challenge others with non-positive attitudes
· To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities
· To supervise and monitor all food waste is recorded correctly using Leanpath
· To actively participate in all food ordering as required from agreed suppliers and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S and FS manual so that food safety and quality is maintained
· Ensure that all goods are correctly and quickly stored away on a “first in first out” basis and comply with Health and Safety regulations
· Assist the Executive Chef and Head Chef with operating costs and controls to ensure Sodexo is achieving optimum profits
· To bring to the attention of the Head Chef and deal with maintenance issues so that maintenance dockets can be issued, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, cleanable and fully functional condition.
· To take responsibility for the provision of food to the required standards for each hospitality event as required, keeping records as appropriate, and liaising with other departments as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
· To monitor the quality of food leaving the kitchen and take appropriate action where necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
· To supervise and train staff throughout the kitchen, taking appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable work levels whilst being sensitive to, and aware of problems and health issues. Bringing them to the attention of the Head Chef if necessary, in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious working environment
· Contribute ideas to future menus
· To assist with managing special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime
· To report any complaints or compliments and take action if at all possible
· To ensure all near misses and accidents are reported while on shift
· To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss or damage and take action as may be appropriate
· To attend meetings and courses, as requiredIdeal candidate
NVQ level 3 in food preparation
Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
Show ability to set standards and operate to the service standard criteria
To demonstrate a flexible attitude to working hours and promote a positive mental outlook to all aspects of work
Be respectful of others at all times
The desire and tenacity to adhere to procedures
Basic Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Certificates
Proven experience of managing client relationships
Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
Personal innovation and creativity
To show a hunger and passion for good food and the drive to make it achievable
Good admin and telephone skills
Flexible approach to the role and be self-motivated
Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staffAbout the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.