|Salary||£25000 - £50000 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
Salary up to £50,000
I am currently recruiting for a Software Developer Based in Tamworth easily commutable from Birmingham, Stafford and Derby, and Burton On Trent working for the industry's-leading fleet, leasing, rental and hire management software innovator.
Using the latest technology to provide customers with greater integration, control and automation. It brings innovative fleet management software and driver licence checking software to fleet operators, contract hire and leasing companies, being the first company to combine fleet software and risk management services to help customers meet their driver health and safety responsibilities under occupational road safety regulations.
You will be responsible for; designing, developing, modifying and maintenance of software products, working with likeminded developers, you will get stuck in to all our projects while utilising your expertise. In return, we will give you the opportunity to fully show off and develop your technical skills and provide unlimited room for progression in a company that values its developers and their career progression.
• To propose and assess solutions to design problems, including identifying and evaluating new technologies and third-party components
• To develop software according to published standards and guidelines, including coding standards and user interface design guidelines
• To support and maintain existing software functionality; to investigate, analyse and correct identified defects within established service level agreements
• To develop software to meet requirements/specifications in accordance with the development schedule
• To investigate existing software functionality to answer support queries within established service level agreements
• To interpret written business requirements and technical specifications to complete estimates for change requests within the established service level agreements
• Take part in solution designs
• Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role
• Promote and advocate best practices within the development team and throughout the business
• To understand the industry requirements of current customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met by our product range
Skills and Experience
• At least one year's continual commercial experience developing Windows Forms applications in C# or VB.Net
• Good working knowledge of T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server (2008 onwards) and relational database design
• Ability to write and optimize T-SQL queries
• Experience of Object Oriented programming practices
• Fleet/Leasing industry experience
• Experience working with financial software or from working in the financial sector
• Unit testing
• Knowledge of Entity Framework
• Degree, ideally 2:1 or higher in a scientific/engineering discipline
Benefits include pension, healthcare, holiday, flexitime, onsite parking and paid Microsoft certifications.
If you are a graduate at the beginning of your career or a Senior Developer please apply now.