|Salary||£9.50 - £10.00 per hour, Benefits: Holiday Pay||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
We are currently looking to recruit a site operator with an FLT licence for a well-known company on their site based in Cadishead
To work on the Special Treatment and Recovery (STR) plant assisting the operating team with the acceptance, handling and treatment of packaged waste materials.
- Offloading and loading pallets of mixed chemical waste containers from incoming curtain-sider vehicles via counter balance fork lift truck.
- Operation of a fork-lift truck for the movement of packaged materials between storage areas and processing areas.
- Ensuring packaged materials are placed into storage within banded areas following instructions on segregation of hazards.
- Sorting & Segregation of chemical materials.
- Hydrolysing concentrated acids.
- Decontaminating drums e.g. Water reactive.
- Bulking solvents.
- Assisting with plant cleaning duties & ensuring working areas are kept tidy at the end of each day.
- Reporting problems with production process or equipment to site management and maintenance engineers.
- Starting salary is £9.50 per hour, going up to £10 on completion of probation
- 08.00 – 16.30 with overtime available before and after those hours
- Holiday pay
- Must have a valid Counterbalance FLT licence
- High level of spoken & written English
- Willingness to work with others
- Application of Health & Safety standards
- Must be physically fit as the role is fast paced and physical
- Must be reliable with excellent punctuality and attendance record
- Ability to work under own initiative