|Salary||£22440 - £30000 per annum||Sector||Engineering, Miscellaneous|
This role will require you to perform a range of activities to ensure that all equipment associated with Long Reach sewage treatment works are running safely, efficiently and in line with regulatory compliance.
- Monitoring the plant and inspecting equipment via SCADA system.
- Working alongside and assisting other team members to ensure site wide KIPs are met.
- Reporting any defective equipment, to ensure a swift resolution following any breakdowns.
- Taking ownership of your own, and colleagues, health and safety through escalating any concerns to your manage and resolving them yourself where possible.
- Attending all team meetings, engaging with safety briefings and company communications, identifying issues and raising constructive feedback with the management team, with suggestions for improvements.
- Cleaning machinery when required.
- Sample testing around site and carrying out routine checks.
- As you will be working alongside a close-knit team, engagement and being a good team player are key to this role.
- We are looking for someone who wants to get stuck in and will have a proactive approach to their work.
- Some previous mechanical experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- You will have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures including Confined Space Entry.
- This is a physically demanding role so good health is required.
- Due to the nature of the role a full, valid UK driving licence is required.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.