|Salary||£19135 - £25889 per annum||Sector||Call Centre & Customer Service, Driving & Logistics, Building & Construction, Miscellaneous|
Do you want to be a part of a company that provides an essential service to our 15 million customers? Do you pride yourself in being able to make a real difference to deliver exceptional customer service? This is an excellent opportunity to work for the UK’s largest water and sewerage company, Thames Water.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day despatch activities and workload for field teams to maximise productivity whilst achieving service delivery targets and further increasing customer satisfaction.
This role requires a high level of co-ordination skills, managing multiple tasks and systems at one time. Your day to day duties will include:
- Managing incoming calls and emergencies from the contact centre and providing excellent service to the field teams.
- Co-ordinating efficiently with various delivery teams by providing assistance or requesting resources, in order to reduce wait time and delays.
- Maximising productivity and minimising white space by proactively adding jobs from the backlog and maximising scheduling capabilities.
- Actively manage the field teams and ensure productivity and escalation of blockers.
- Validate jobs within the agreed target times and identify duplicates, linking up customers when required.
- Identifying opportunities and strategies to improve business efficiency and communicate these initiatives to a manager.
- Liaise and communicate with customers on the risk of failures within SLA’s and manage the reactive customer call backs as well as escalations for unsatisfied customers.
- Manage the health and safety of our engineers out in the field.
- Support colleagues during periods of lunch and out of hours.
- Good communication and co-ordination skills as well as the ability to work well independently.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated, resilient and outgoing in order to succeed.
- Customer service and customer management skills would also be highly advantageous for this position.
- Possess the ability to challenge and be assertive where necessary, as well as the ability to multitask efficiently.
- Previous experience of working in a logistics, construction or water industry would be highly advantageous, however not essential.
- You will ideally hold some technical experience using systems such as Microsoft packages, SAP and CRM however this is not essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly motivated and fast-paced team within Thames Water to provide a first class service to our customers, provide guidance and leadership to field members, promoting customer excellence as well as working alongside a variety of different internal stakeholders.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.