Service Help Desk Advisor
|Job Title:||Service Help Desk Advisor|
|Salary:||£18000 - £22000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-07-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kim Ford|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2019 17:23|
Based in the Coventry area
£18,000 - £22,000 (depending on experience)
The main purpose of role:
Reporting to the Support Desk Manager, the Support Desk Analyst is responsible for assisting the end user in the daily use of any computer hardware and related software packages and telecommunications issues that need to be escalated to another team or department
To act as first contact support dealing with any problems that arise and answering any questions the customers may have. If unable to resolve issues delegate to relevant team. To open and close incidents in the Support Desk software package.
The key accountabilities of role:
• Resolving issues reported by the customer
• To liaise with 3rd line business partners in support of the above.
• To liaise with both software and hardware technicians to resolve issues.
• To be aware of Service Level Agreements and act accordingly.
• Have a flexible and mature approach to the working environment and those around them
• Work adhoc on tasks requested by the Support Desk Team leader
The critical activities of role:
• Collaborating with others to exchange information and ideas in order to resolve problems and provide an expert resource within the Service Desk environment.
• Being capable of diagnosing and solving a variety of problems in software packages.
• Showing persistence in a task despite contradictory and tight time constraints.
• Demonstrating an understanding the policies and values at both location and department level.
• Having the ability to cope with foreseeable but unavoidable stressful situations, strong and consistent criticism experienced at regular intervals within the Service Desk environment.
The Incident Support Analyst will ideally express:
• At least 12 months previous experience of working in a busy support desk environment
• An ability to build and develop a broad range of personal contacts for the exchange of information and ideas, in order to be able to assist customers with problems and queries they may have with software packages.
• Persistence in dealing with difficult tasks over a period of time and showing perseverance in reaching an objective despite obstacles.
• Commitment to delivering a high quality Support Desk and demonstrating empathy with customer's point of view.
• The ability to maintain effective work performance, remaining calm and self- controlled when under pressure. Listens to constructive criticism from others without becoming defensive...
• Ability to work conscientiously and efficiently within own work routines paying attention to detail to minimise errors.
• Flexible thinking style to problem solving and looking beyond symptoms to identify root causes.
• Good communication skills, asking questions to clarify understanding, listening attentively to users and pass information accurately and effectively.
• Understanding of the different functions of the business and work within the standard operating procedures, rules and regulations.
Being flexible when required in terms of working hours.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then please apply today!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's