Senior Waiting/Bar Person - University in Oxford
|Job Title:||Senior Waiting/Bar Person - University in Oxford|
|Salary:||Up to £17,408|
|Contact Name:||Mark Purton|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2018 14:39|
I am looking to recruit a Senior Waiting and Bar Person to provide first-class service to staff, guests, and visitors. This is a busy role working as part of a friendly and supportive team.
- The Role: Senior Waiting and Bar Person
- Location: Jericho, Oxford
- Salary: £17,079 - £17,408 per annum
- Hours: 36.5 per week
- Shifts: 7:30am to 3:30pm or 3:30pm to 10:30pm
- Days: 5 out of 7 days
The business of the catering operation is fairly consistent throughout the year, though there are some quiet times in August, over Easter and when the Department closes down over Christmas and New Year.
The average working hours for the Waiting Person are between 36.5 hours per week; shifts will vary to cover the hours of business and include weekend and evening work.
The Department also offers an external catering service which can be at other sites in or around Oxford.
The working hours of the waiting staff are dependent on the business requirements of the Department over the three sites.
Waiting staff will work a variety of hours which will cover day, weekend and evening shifts.
- Serve breakfast, lunch and dinner to staff, visitors and residents.
- Set up tables in the restaurant ensuring that all necessary items are present and laid neatly, to the correct standard.
- Provide plated or silver service as requested; please note that the normal catering service provided is plated food, served to the customer.
- Provide tea and coffee service, delivering refreshments as requested to the common rooms, meeting rooms or offices.
- Ensure that all of the catering preparation areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintain a safe and hygienic working environment, paying particular attention at the end of service.
- Collect crockery and glasses that has been left in the meeting rooms.
- Move and arrange the tables and chairs in the restaurant according to the reservations and their specific requirements.
- Ensure the restaurant and other catering areas are prepared correctly for the next service.
- Assist guests with any general enquiries they may have regarding the Department, building or services that we provide.
- Take responsibility for any keys ensuring that they are signed in and out at all times.
- When necessary assist or carry out kitchen porter duties such as passing cutlery, china and glassware for cleaning through the dishwasher.
- Assist with the cleaning of the dining room: dusting areas, vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning floors, etc.
- In the absence of the Restaurant manager to take responsibility for service and oversee the work of junior and agency staff.
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Sous chef-Hotel-Straight Shifts-£27,000-Chichester-Live in
Chichester, West Sussex
Up to £27000.00 per annum + tips, live in - if needed
Sous Chef Required in Burnley
Head Chef Required in Burnley
£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Sous Chef - Live In Available - Andover
£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
Chef de Partie Hotel -Southampton-£18,000 + Tips and live in
£18000.00 - £19000.00 per annum