|Salary||£40800 - £55200 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin, Miscellaneous|
This is a broad and exciting Senior Financial Accountant role at the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company, in which you will gain exposure to our wider business and on all elements of treasury. This role will give the right person an exciting challenge and scope to help shape the direction of our Treasury team.
You will support managing group debt obligations of over £11bn, annual group interest cost of about £500m and a derivatives book with a notional value of over £5bn.
Within this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for preparation of IFRS financial statements for two entities
- Support half-year and year end process including preparation of IFRS notes / disclosures for standalone and consolidated financial statements
- Responsible for production of monthly treasury reporting pack
- Responsible for timely and accurate treasury accounting, including hedge accounting
- Controlling and reviewing treasury transactions (through spreadsheets/journals)
- Preparation and analysis of mark to market/fair values and current/non-current accounting entries to be used in preparation of IFRS accounts
- Update/document back office reporting and other processes
- Identify process gaps and improve reporting processes
- Responsible for testing of deals/models on Treasury Management System (TMS)
- Develop expertise in TMS to develop and improve TMS based reporting
- Support for internal and external audit
- Deliver / support a wide range of key treasury projects
- Work closely with Group Financial Accounting team to ensure that all Treasury data is correctly produced and presented
- Work as ‘one team’ with the other finance functions
- A qualified member of the ICAEW / ACCA or equivalent with 3-5 years post qualification experience of technical accounting and reporting
- Significant IAS/IFRS knowledge specially IAS 32, IAS 39, IFRS 7 and IFRS 9
- Excellent MS excel skills, familiar with SAP, HFM or similar systems
- Effective communicator and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Treasury Management System preferable
If you pride yourself in being able to make a real difference through your commitment and passion in continuous improvement and want to take your career to the next level, by being part of this team, you will be responsible for one of the largest corporate debt programmes in the UK and support our ambitious capital investment programme.
Our competitive salary package includes an annual management bonus, car allowance, and private medical insurance, excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times. We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience.
We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.