|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: 5% pension, 25 days holiday||Sector||Engineering, Building & Construction|
I’m working with an interesting and successful civil and structural engineering consultancy in Bath which is just at the start of an exciting period of development. We are specifically looking for a Senior Structural Engineer who wishes to push their career forward in a BIM environment, someone who wants to be actively involved the integration of design and modelling packages into this practices’ flagship projects.
This is business handles a variety of projects across all traditional sectors, they also specialise In more sensitive engineering techniques. The office currently has over 20 technical staff and is set to grow over the next 18 months; this is a clear indicator of a healthy pipeline and sizable share of the local market. The idea is for candidates to grow with the business which would be beneficial for everyone involved.
Senior Structural Engineer, Projects:
- The £4m rooftop extension for a nationally recognised dance academy
- £16m Refurbishment of Grade 1 listed building + £3m new entrance building The scheme involves both refurbishment of a remarkable Grade I listed architectural icon and the addition of a significant, contemporary newbuild extension, incorporating three storey glass curtain walling suspended from a cantilevering steel skeleton. The application of photogrammetry has enabled the modelling of this staggeringly complex historic building and explain structural concepts to the team and client. The project is BIM Level 2 coordinated between consultant
- £2.5m Refurbishment of Grade 2* listed building, contemporary insertion within existing market hall providing library and council facilities, “Community Hub”
- £14m steel and glass museum for one of the UK’s most prestigious sporting institutions
We are looking for an experienced Senior Structural engineer who is able or willing to:
- Manage their own workload in a 360 structural engineering role.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and consultant and develop relationships
- Assist in the development of the team, encouraging new staff into the business
- Developing junior staff
- Delivering projects in a timely fashion and assisting on larger schemes
Senior Structural Engineer
This practice offers exciting and interesting work. A motivated, supportive and focused team, as well as a flexible and understanding approach to family and personal commitments with an informal flexi-time arrangement. Support and motivation towards achieving personal development and career goals. Autonomy and responsibility for projects. While every project is overseen by a Director, all engineers are expected to manage most aspects of their projects, including managing fees, communications with design teams, clients and statutory bodies.