Senior Safety Advisor (Systems Focus)
|Job Title:||Senior Safety Advisor (Systems Focus)|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-04-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Aisling Reid|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2019 15:58|
This role is pivotal to the business. There is no one centralised function that the sites can go to for guidance and support. You will come in and firstly understand what each area of the business has in place, amalgamate this and then do a gap analysis. From here it is about creating a set of standards that are:
• Visible and easy to find set of systems and standards
• The tools are usable at site level who are to take the lead on this
• SMS system is customised to this business
With 16 sites across the UK and Europe you will work with the Product Safety Manager to create one central safety management function to pull all the sites together and bring them to one level playing field. This role is about a sustained focus on Safety through a culture that is delivered by developing the Safety Management System (SMS) framework, increasing visibility and communication, embedding useful tools and a monitoring mechanism to identify progress and risks.
This opportunity is initially for a 2 year contract period but will provide you with the opportunity to implement and be part of a really exciting period of change and development and put your stamp on things. You will travel approximately every other week for a few days to see the sites , understand where they are at and provide support. It is important to understand the context of the environments you are going to be implementing these systems into.
• Experience within an safety management systems and pulling them together to one streamlined central function
• NEBOSH Certificate
• The role requires a positive individual with strong organisational and interpersonal skills who is willing to work at differing levels of task complexity.
• Strong Communication especially remotely and with sites overseas.
• Someone who is driven an ambitious to grow with the role
• An engineering or manufacturing background would be beneficial but not necessary
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• Audit experience; ISO 45001, 9001 and 14001 experience.
If you are interested in hearing more then please register your interest by sending your CV to email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Health and Safety Advisor
£29099 - £35564 per annum
£20000 - £25000 per annum
Safety Coordinator - Southampton
£200 - £210 per day
Safety Coordinator - Plymouth
£200 - £210 per day
Health and Safety Officer
£30000 per annum