Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£42400 - £57600|
|Start Date:||2019-06-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2019 14:10|
- The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the UK’s biggest public service department, with a property portfolio of over 800 properties. The portfolio principally comprises front of house Job Centres (JCPs) and Medical Examination Centres (MECs), and an Operational and Corporate Centre office estate. Most of the estate is leasehold interest and includes colocation with Local Authority and Central Government bodies.
- The DWP Estates Directorate (Estates) have recently exited a 20-year PFI contract and have embedded a new operating model transforming the way they deliver real estate services to the Department. As part of the operating model transformation, Sodexo have been engaged as the ‘Integrator’ to work with Estates and their supply chain to identify and deliver service delivery effectiveness and efficiencies.
- The scope of the Capital Projects activity includes strategic portfolio changes, relocations, lifecycle investment and business driven property changes.
- We focus on understanding our customers' business and property requirements and meeting them through excellent service and innovation.
- The Capital Projects team is responsible for the delivery of property projects through an outsourced 3-Lot framework of construction contractors, with design teams being selected utilising the CCS framework.
- Projects range from £20k to £10m and there are on average 300 projects per year, carried out under the NEC contract approach. The average total project spend per year is £50m
Salary up to £57,600 depending on experience
23 days holiday, flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), bonus, pension scheme and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discountsMain responsibilities
Context and main interest, the role holder will need to:
- Manage the procurement process
- Provide budget advice and agree final accounts.
- Validate and ensure the appropriate application of measured term schedules of rates
- Support the consistent management our supply chain
- Develop and maintain cost trends and modelling on DWP projects
The main issues the role holder will face include:
- Ensure adoption and adherence to Government and DWP procurement processes
- Navigate the tender processes in an agile and timely manner to meet both project deadlines and compliance with procurement processes
- Ensure the DWP and Sodexo QS Teams work collaboratively and effectively with each other.
- Experience and sound understanding of NEC Contracting.
- Experience on working across projects ranging in value from £20k to £10m
- Experience of contract management of consultants and contractors
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge.
- Ability to work concurrently across a large number of projects.
- An awareness of benchmarking cost to support best value design and procurement.
- An ability to quickly understand and consistently apply standard procedures associated with project delivery.
- Numerate and commercially astute.
- Capable of working within a team environment and have a systematic and logical approach to all technical duties.
- Friendly approach, capable of instilling confidence in team members and therefore improving team working environment.
- Working to flexible timescales to ensure that Service Delivery is maintained.
- Self-starter able to work in a pressured environment.
- Good report writing skills.
- Team player.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Depositary Accountant
£28000 - £42000 per annum
Senior Financial Systems Accountant
£28000 - £42000 per annum
Accounts Semi Senior
£17500 - £25000 per annum
Senior Treasury Accountant
£40800 - £55200 per annum
Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk - FTC until 30/09/2019
£20808 per annum