Senior Payroll Assistant
|Job Title:||Senior Payroll Assistant|
|Salary:||£14.50 - £15.50 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-01-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Nichola Jones|
|Job Published:||January 04, 2019 15:58|
Working from their prestigious offices, your duties will include:
- To provide an effective and efficient payroll service to customers, ensuring the accurate and timely payment of their employees’ salaries.
- Respond to requests, queries and complaints from external customers in a friendly and efficient manner so as to enhance customer loyalty
- To perform all duties in accordance with the company Health & Safety and Quality policy procedures.
Administer and Implement Payroll
- Ensures data is received in the right format and in time to complete payrolls to agreed deadlines
- Prioritises and actions daily tasks to be accomplished to meet SLA.
- Completes and owns payroll processing cycle for allocated customers
- Calculates, prepares and transmits manual payments and third party disbursements.
- Runs sample payrolls to ensure quality and resolve errors or deviations.
- Liaises with other areas of the business to meet and enhance payroll delivery.
- Provides statistics for chargeable work to enable effective invoicing.
- Controls the reconciliation processes for own customer’s third party accounts to ensure completion in line with SLA requirements and statutory legislation.
- Identifies and acts on issues which would impact delivery of SLA.
- Review and updates where necessary customer procedures and processes, and Northgate documentation.
- Receive and records customer enquiries and provides basic information in response to customer requests. Escalates to Line Manager where appropriate.
- Respond to requests and queries from statutory bodies in such a way as to maintain effective working relationships
- Develop and maintains a good working knowledge of Northgate products and services.
- Develop and maintains effective relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Consider and escalates any new ideas which add value to the customer.
Provide Technical Support
- Checks system accuracy by performing manual calculations to agree system output
- Recommends and agrees ways in which systems and procedures can be improved to enhance business performance
- Actions systems updates to ensure implementation
- Actions any changes to customer specific Terms and Conditions to ensure accurate payments are made.
- Records customer issues and complaints to instigate corrective action.
- Reviews regular payrolls currently in production to ensure Best Practice processes are adhered to.
- Provides information as requested by customers in terms of their contracts.
- Liaises with customer regarding disruptions to service levels and implement corrective action.
- Understands the customer SLA.
- Attends customer meeting’s and Service Reviews as and when required
- Basic numeracy skills
- Experience of customer handling skills (by telephone, face to face and written contact)
- Sound Payroll knowledge and experience
- PC literacy – Word and Excel (basic level) and Outlook
- Knowledge of payroll systems
- Customer and business focus
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Takes personal responsibility for delivering results
- IPPM Foundation/Practitioner (or working towards this or equivalent qualification)
- Experience in an Outsourcing environment
- ResourceLink experience
Please click apply now or call 01733 294554