Senior Operations Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Operations Manager|
|Salary:||£313.43 - £400 per day|
|Contact Name:||Marta Dimetros|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2019 10:33|
- Deliver a high quality customer focused repairs and maintenance service to tenants and leaseholders through managing a team of Surveyors and Support Officers.
- Undertake and manage proactively the client responsibilities for all contracts within the posts remit.
- Manage a team providing specialist and professional reports, writing specifications, managing disrepair cases, insurance cases, undertaking estate inspections and quality assurance inspections.
- Be responsible for the delegated Revenue and Capital budgets for the Repair and Maintenance and one off projects.
• Assist the Principal Manager Operational & Engineering to undertake effective contract administration of repair and maintenance contracts.
• Manage a team of Quality Assurance Surveyors monitoring Repairs and Maintenance services delivered by contractors to the borough's housing stock including: undertaking quality assurance measures and inspections, o specifying and authorising works and payments / variations o monitoring contractors performance and budgets
• Co-ordinate and integrate the input from specialist associated disciplines on multidisciplinary projects and to verify the adequacy and competency of those inputs in order to deliver complex projects or programmes of work.
• Manage the team and works contractors to meet all statutory requirements and ensure works demonstrate compliance with safety requirements and fulfils its obligations under current safety regulations.
• Ensure appropriate specifications of works are prepared and approved for one off projects.
• Provide professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service and undertake the role of an expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings etc.
• Produce reports for Committees and internal and external stakeholders as required.
• Ensure appropriate consultation with planners, leaseholders and other stakeholders to ensure statutory compliance.
• Ensure management of the council's legal disrepair cases in accordance with legal disrepair protocol. Ensure effective communication with internal and external solicitors, housing management colleagues and other stakeholders to resolve claims as quickly and efficiently as possible to minimise costs incurred through works, legal costs and compensation.
• Manage Operational Quality Assurance Surveyors who undertake property inspections where there is structural damage / movement. Instruct specialist consultants or the council's Structural Engineers where appropriate; arrange remedial works and procure remedial works.
• Liaise with housing management colleagues to arrange for decants of tenants where required.
• Ensure that inspections in relation to minor adaptations works are undertaken if required. 3 11 REORG Senior Operations Surveyor Evaluated.doc
• Ensure accurate information is provided to Leasehold Services to enable statutory Section 20 consultation notices to be issued and all queries resolved and ensure accurate cost data is provided to Leasehold Services for annual service charge billing and all queries of final invoices investigated and responded to.
• Ensure that all duties in respect of CDM are fully met and ensure that partners are competent to carry out their responsibilities under CDM legislation
• Plan, organise, manage and implement the delivery of effective Quality Assurance systems/procedures/processes to cover all functions managed by the team.
• Manage the business support provision to the team, including collating and maintaining data, records and information, raising orders, processing invoices, booking appointments, servicing meetings, dealing with correspondence, liaison with contractors and suppliers
• Represent the Directorate at Council, Committee, Forum and external meetings on matters relating to the service area.
• Maintain own up to date knowledge of legislation and best practice relating to the functionality of this post and ensure that it is translated into action.
• Contribute to the development of policy, practice, procedures and service planning for Asset Management and Property Services and lead or participate in projects, working groups, service developments, audits and reviews as directed.
• Ensure that key operational risks are identified and reviewed on a regular basis and controls are put in place to mitigate and reduce the risks.
• Minimum of BTEC, HNC/HND in a relevant area e.g. building maintenance, surveying or construction.
• Managing repairs and maintenance works within a social housing environment.
• Undertaking complex building surveying activity
• Knowledge/Experience of:
- contract administration and demonstrable skills to undertake contract administration duties and manage financially complex contracts
- Local Authority Health and Safety in relation to maintenance of assets. 7 11 REORG Senior Operations Surveyor Evaluated.doc
- Different forms of contracts e.g. JCT, NEC, PPC and MTC
- Legal requirements to deal with disrepair claims.
- Statutory requirements relating to leaseholder consultation requirements
- Writing tender specifications
- Financial management and administration of revenue and capital budgets
- Issues involved in performance management of contractors with a proven track record in improving performance and meeting KPI targets
- Managing and developing a team, working towards organisational goals and objectives.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£35000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£30000 - £48000 per annum
Senior MEP Revit Technician
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Structural Engineer
£38000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: 7% pension, 27 days holiday, flexible working