|Location||Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire||Job Type||Permanent|
My client, a leading Aerospace manufacturer based out of Tewkesbury, are currently seeking an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join there expanding team.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will have a background within precision engineering, ideally from within Aerospace, Medical or other similar high precision industries. Furthermore amongst other specifics below they will possess a strong background in offline CNC Programming (ideally with Siemens NX). Experience of both Milling and Turning is essential and any of the following would be beneficial: EDM Die Sink & Wire, Honing, Lapping, Grinding, Deburring, Anodising or Heat treatment.
- Provide support, mentoring for Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Support Engineers, whilst aiding the Manufacturing Engineering Manager in ensuring business targets and objectives are effectively met.
- Scoping, establishing and delivering lean processes into the manufacturing environment through effective selection of suitable technology and methods focused on Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Interfacing with Design and Product Engineering functions, Manufacturing Engineers and Operations to ensure DFM (Design for Manufacture) and DFSS (Design For Six Sigma) principles are considered prior to a product being launched into manufacturing
- Identify and lead process improvement projects. Ensuring key stakeholders are identified and included to ensure projects move forward
- Leadership of Manufacturing Engineering Team in providing technical guidance, training and mentoring
- Create and support the deployment of effective methods and or processes based on 3D models for product launch into the manufacturing area
- To develop and execute effective manufacturing systems that are based on best practice
- Provides "Practical Problem Solving" support to the business in tackling process or yield issues
- Support Manufacturing Engineer(s) / Technician(s) in the creation, review and approval of gauging, fixturing and special tooling
- Lead and support the effective creation of new processes
- BSc Degree or equivalent in the field of Mechanical/Production Engineering. (Preferred)
- HNC/ HND or equivalent in the field of Mechanical/Production Engineering.
- Progressive experience in the field of manufacturing/process engineering
- Proven general capabilities in DFM, DFSS, APQP methodologies, Lean methodologies and Zero Defects.
- Proven specific capabilities in CNC programming using 3D CAD/CAM, Siemens NX10.0 (Preferred)
This is an opportunity for the successful Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join a business at the forefront of their industry with outstanding resources and facilities. The role is remunerated with a competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package. For further details send an application today or contact Tobias at Omega on 01453 852 552.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.