Senior H&S Adviser
|Job Title:||Senior H&S Adviser|
|Salary:||£18.22 - £20.21 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-02-11 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ashleigh Irvine|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2019 12:34|
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working in partnership with the City of Edinburgh Council to recruit for a Senior Health and Safety Adviser in the city centre of Edinburgh. This is a full time position working 36 hours a week Monday - Friday on a temporary ongoing basis, starting immediately. The rate of pay offered would be from £18.22 to £20.21 per hour depending on experience.
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure a robust governance framework for Health and Safety, aligned with the Council risk management framework and reporting accountabilities.
- Be accountable for developing health and safety performance metrics, measuring performance against the metrics and benchmarking
- Be accountable for maintaining a well sighted ' opinion' on compliance and the Councils H&S Policies and legislation across the whole of the council, and for challenging and escalating non - compliance issues.
- You will provide professional and competent advice on all health and safety matters to all levels in the council, Elected Members and Trade unions
- Ensure that the council's governance arrangements for health and safety are robust and work effectively
- Implement a Council-wide risk based H&S assurance strategy and programmes.
- Monitor compliance with Council policies and procedures, and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and embed Key Performance metrics ( leading and Lagging indicators) and monitor performance against the metric, including trends analysis
- Lead and coordinate all reporting of H&S performance
- Ensure supervision, mentoring and development of a modern apprentice
- Develop and maintain effective and trusted relationship with senior Management and trade unions
- As a senior member of the H&S team shares responsibility for development and delivery of the corporate Health and Safety and effective team working.
- Drive engagement of the council Health and safety strategy and promote" Zero harm"
Knowledge and skills required
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- MUST have NEBOSH Diploma/ NVQ Level 5 diploma equivalent
- At least 5 years' experience working on an H&S role
- Excellent knowledge of OHSAS 18001 standards
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor experience preferred
- Programme, Project and change Management knowledge and skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Be self-motivated and the ability to manage and prioritise workload
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or send your CV directly to Julie.Pollock@pertemps.co.uk. This position is an immediate start
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's