Senior Electrical Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Electrical Engineer|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 25 Days Holiday, pension Scheme, Flexible Bonus Scheme|
|Contact Name:||Sam Druiff|
|Job Published:||January 03, 2019 16:50|
Brilliant opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join a brilliant, independent firm!
I am looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join an independent firm in their Solihull office. The role includes
- Be responsible for interpreting the client brief and developing designs at all stages from inception through to detailed design;
- Act independently to investigate solutions;
- Explore options and work closely with peers to develop and communicate design solutions;
- Manage and supervise colleagues in the production and refinement of multi-discipline designs to ensure that we produce the highest quality product for our clients;
- Be responsible for managing and monitoring resources to deliver the agreed commercial performance across the range of disciplines involved in your projects;
- Give their all to ensure the client is happy and the solution is both high-quality and practical;
- Be accountable to the Project Manager / Project Director for day-to-day delivery;
- Be prepared to adapt your skills to transition to a digital way of working, embracing automation;
- Liaise with other disciplines within the regional office and experts elsewhere within Arup;
- Be required to work away from your normal office from time to time.
The ideal Senior Electrical Engineer will have,
- Experienced in leading multi-discipline design teams on medium to large projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in supervising less experienced engineers and technicians across the MEP disciplines.
- Proven record in developing concept and scheme designs.
- Experienced in the production of design notes, reports and general correspondence in clear and concise English.
- Experienced in undertaking site inspections and site surveys.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to co-professionals, contractors and clients with varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Ability to communicate with other professionals as a generalist as well as a specialist basis.
- Ability to develop solutions that satisfy client requirements.
- Proven success of working in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on, and respond to priorities across multiple projects.
- Excellent understanding of Electrical Low Voltage, and Extra Low Voltage Systems. Medium Voltage experience preferred as the majority of our projects are supplied at Medium Voltage.
- Experienced in the use of ProDesign, Dialux and similar specialist design software.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office range of software.
- Bachelor Degree in Building Services, Electrical Engineering or similar with Masters Degree preferred.
- Ideally professionally Qualified with the IET or CIBSE.
Benefits for a Senior Electrical Engineer,
- £45,000 - £50,000 Salary
- Profit Share
- 25 Days Holiday
- Flexible Benefits Scheme
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's