Senior Claims Management Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Claims Management Officer|
|Salary:||£15.95 per hour|
|Start Date:||2018-09-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Tianna Corpe062|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2018 09:32|
Duties for the successful candidate:
• To provide an excellent service in the regulation of Claims Management Companies (CMC's) across England and Wales.
• To take a lead in a specialism within the work of the team as allocated by the Service Manager.
• To provide operational management and direction to a small number of Claims Management Officers through effective supervision and performance & development reviews.
• Working under the supervision of Principal Officers support the recruitment and selection of new staff.
• To maintain records in accordance with MOJ, corporate and departmental policies.
• Ensure IT processes are maintained to provide an effective authorisation system.
• To plan and carry out investigations, surveys and research into claims management issue and deal with issues of non-compliance effectively.
• Work with businesses providing advice and constructive ways of complying with legislative requirements.
• To provide information both statistical and narrative for the completion of return and reports identifying non-compliance issues.
• To maintain systems for the receipt, analysis, allocation and investigation of complaints.
• Work with persons from within and outside the County Council to ensure that the policies and priorities of Staffordshire County Council and the Ministry of Justice are met.
• To raise awareness of the regulation of claims management and promote the interests of consumers within the allocated geographical area.
• Work with partner agencies, including other regulators, representatives of CMC's, trading standards services, other stakeholders and the media.
• To undertake in-service training as required.
• The Claims Management Unit has national responsibility. This may involve working away from the office on a regular basis.
• Undertake any other duties required by management which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications/ Professional Memberships:
• An appropriate qualification to degree level or equivalent experience in this area of work.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Wide range of experience in a regulatory service including involvement in investigations into breaches of legislation / rules / codes of practice and business compliance.
• Ability to deliver Quality Assurance Standards.
• Completion of reports in relation to breaches of legislation.
• Detailed knowledge of relevant criminal and civil legislation and procedural statutes.
• Ability to use ICT systems, including MS Office and databases
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Supervisory experience
• To be able to work as part of a team and to work with businesses and the public
• To be a self-starter and able to work to deadlines
• Commitment to raising standards of business compliance, particularly amongst Claims Management Companies
• Be prepared to work flexibly in order to meet operational demands
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be prepared to travel regularly throughout England and Wales
• A commitment to promote equality and diversity
• This post is designated as a casual car user
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Fixed Term Senior Claims Management Officer, then please apply online or call the office on 01283 512225 to discuss this opportunity further.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's