Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer (Manchester)
|Job Title:||Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer (Manchester)|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Michael Power|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2019 16:59|
Following a number of successful major appointments for large multi-disciplinary projects, we are seeking Senior Civil Engineers in our Manchester office to manage and assist in the delivery of these, and other complex and challenging schemes in a variety of sectors.
Reporting to a Partner and Associate, the successful candidate(s) will lead the infrastructure design team and support the delivery of large commercial and residential developments through the Planning process to construction, providing technical review, programme management and leadership for the Project Engineers.
You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects and be expected to:
- Prepare bids for small to medium sized projects and assist in preparation of bids for larger commissions.
- Own project production from inception to completion with Partner or Associate oversight only including project management plans, appointment documents, financial management, invoice drafting, report writing and calculation, specification, drawing and Civil3D Model production.
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to suit client purposes.
- Provide leadership and management to the resources on a project basis.
- Manage and record health and safety risks and maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations and all guidance.
- Take responsibility and provide technical/commercial knowledge and decisions to control our exposure to risk with Project Partner support as necessary.
- Advise and update the Project Partner of any possible changes to scope, circumstances, or programme that may impact on cost and agree actions.
- Be conversant with the practice Integrated Management System, policies and procedure and ensure document control of the projects undertaken is maintained.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to information production and execution programmes.
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor other team members.
- Liaise with Associates and Partners on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites; prepare reports or sections thereof.
- Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own network of work-referrers and strengthen existing Partner and Associate relationships.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the design of highway and drainage infrastructure.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption.
- Extensive experience of Microdrainage and AutoCAD (knowledge of Civil 3D preferable also).
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurances.
BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
The company operates a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership.
The company offers competitive salaries and holiday and other entitlements. We are committed to the training and personal development of our staff.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer
£28000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive salary, Health insurance, Life assurance
Senior Civil Engineer
£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension
Senior Civil Engineer (contract role)
£30 - £40 per hour
£30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension
Graduate Civil Engineer
£20000 - £26000 per annum