|Job Title:||Senior Buyer|
|Salary:||£37000 - £41000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Bethan Williams|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2019 11:17|
In order to build on the capability within the Purchasing group we are looking to recruit further a high calibre candidate. The scope of this role covers all aspects of managing and developing the supply base to support operational needs. Taking in to account price, quality, and delivery ensuring continuity of supply throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- £37,000 - £41,000 DOE per annum
- 37.5 hour per week contract
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Ample parking and subsidised canteen on site
- To ensure any issues or concerns within the supply base are acted upon immediately, resolved as quickly as possible and prevented from future recurrence.
- Regular engagement with other members of purchasing, Operations and the Engineering community
- Personally responsible for ensuring continued supplier performance (delivery, cost, quality, responsiveness).
- Visiting/assessing and Setting up new suppliers where required and creating exit plans for poor performing accounts and de-risking monopoly sources.
- Strategic and proactive approach to VE/VA activities and outsourcing opportunities to reduce efficiency and drive out unnecessary costs and long lead times from the supply chain.
- Graduate level or similar length work experience at this level
- CIPS qualified or studying towards
- Extensive experience in a purchasing and supply chain function within a JIT manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in outsourcing and VE/VA projects essential.
- Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills.
- An awareness of commercial contracts and an absolute understanding of the importance of personal integrity in negotiations and discussions with suppliers.
- ***The post holder will be required travel within the UK and overseas.***
To find out more, please apply online with an up to date CV or give us a call on 0117 9294422 and ask for Bethan or Justyna
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we may be unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's