|Salary||£45000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management, Miscellaneous|
As part of the Customer Experience Opex team, you will be required to provide the business with relevant financial analysis to assist in understanding performance and decision support.
The role will assist the Business owners in delivering planned outputs within budget or target.
As well as being the primary finance support for specific areas the role will also take ownership of pan finance deliverables and become the information specialist and lead for the team.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
Thames Water has a high-profile focus on Cost transformation and Efficiency initiatives. This role involves understanding the complete portfolio of Initiates, how they interface, overlap and fit with the CX strategic plan.
The role supports Wholesale Service Centre (WSC) business area so allows for development of the complete business area understanding but also in an area key to one of Thames’ priority initiatives in the reduction of complaints.
- Business partner support for the Wholesale Service Centre (WSC) business area.
- Own the end to end recurring processes for the relevant business areas.
- You will be responsible for providing the business with information to support delivery of their plans, review and challenge budgets and forecasts and ensure compliance with all exiting controls processes..
- CX HH finance team lead on Cost transformation and efficiency initiatives.
- CX finance HH team lead on Opex recharges (mgt, group, Intra opco, DP&G).
- CX finance HH team lead on balance sheet and journal process improvement.
- CX finance HH team lead on Opex regulatory reporting.
- CX finance HH team lead on Opex recurring process efficiencies.
- Other responsibilities include, contribution to relevant audit activities, compliance checks, reconciliation.
- Qualified or part qualified accountant - CCAB or equivalent.
- Influencing skills with line managers.
- Good Relationship building and work within virtual teams.
- Good communication, relationship management and presentation skills.
- Professional advice & guidance on decision making.
- Business awareness.
- Good communication skills (verbal & written).
- Evidence of data workload management / prioritisation.
- Evidence of self-management to structure and deliver outcome from broad requirement .
- Evidence of ownership of an area of specialist expertise within a team (eg outsourced contracts).
- IT competence, experience with SAP GL, HFM, Power BI, Anaplan preferable although similar acceptable.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.