|Job Title:||Safety Adviser|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Coral Jenkins|
|Job Published:||December 07, 2018 16:42|
The successful candidate will provide health and safety advice based on best practice and practical advice to enable member companies to comply with and improve all aspects of their working practices.
1. Safety Advisers are expected to devote their whole time, during working hours, to the business of the Group and will comply with the company's policies, processes and systems, ensuring that they are consistently applied and continuously improved.
2. To visit member companies' offices, workshops, sites, and prepare a written report on all inspections and bring all safety issues to the attention of member companies' management, before leaving the office, workshop or site inspected.
3. To provide advice on:
a) Changes in legislation.
b) Provisions and requirements of Statutes and Statutory Regulations in relation to Health, Safety, and Welfare within the member companies business.
c) The prevention of injury to personnel.
d) Improvements in current working practice with the formation of Safety Plans and Risk Assessments to achieve this.
e) The safety and suitability of new and hired plant and equipment, in particular ensuring that all appropriate test certificates are obtained and damage to plant and equipment is avoided.
f) New methods of good working practice arising from current technological development.
4. To investigate Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences. To formulate a full report relating to these incidents with a conclusion and recommendation of measures to prevent a re occurrence.
5. To carry out Annual Health and Safety Reviews which will include members' Management Documentation, their safety performance, accident rates and trends.
6. To assist with members training requirements which will include Abrasive Wheel Safety and General Tool Box Talks.
7. To liaise with officials and professional bodies such as The Health and Safety Executive, Fire Authorities etc.
8. To support and undertake other projects or responsibilities as required.
To be considered for this position you will need the following:
NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
IOSH (as a minimum) Graduate Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health and to maintain CPD applicable to membership grade of IOSH.
CSCS Card (Academically Qualified Person).
You will have completed a recognised training course in each of the following:
Scaffold Inspection & Appreciation.
Working at Height.
Mobile Tower Scaffold.
Construction Environmental Management.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's