Research Officer - Law/Criminology
|Job Title:||Research Officer - Law/Criminology|
|Salary:||£100 - £200 per day|
|Start Date:||2019-08-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jennifer Ramsay|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 15:00|
The role requires interrogation of court records on specific offences, identifying and assessing relevant characteristics of these offences and comparing the cases to draft guidelines. Also, the researcher may be required to undertake court observation work or informal interviews with sheriffs, as well as any other research tasks associated with attempts to access details on summary cases.
This role will be due to start the middle of August and will pay a day-rate of up to £200 per day.
- Degree in law or criminology, or equivalent experience.
- Research based postgraduate qualification or equivalent research experience.
- Strong understanding of the Scottish legal system, with an emphasis on criminal procedure.
- Qualitative interview experience.
- Research based postgraduate qualification in law or criminology (or similar subject).
- Extensive research experience.
- Direct experience working with Scottish court records.
If interested, please apply now, or give our office a call and ask for Lewis for a confidential chat.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's