|Salary||£15.12 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
Assist in the delivery of an effective and efficient void repairs and maintenance service to tenants, maximising efficiency of service delivery within specific standards and approved budgets and in compliance with the policies and plans with a commitment to achieve best value.
Must be able to drive and have own transport
Must have Basic Disclosure
- Assist in the day-to-day repairs and maintenance service for a designated geographical area, ensuring best value at all times.
- Identify, programme and instruct works.
- Inspect properties, evaluate work requirements and process repairs works orders and invoices, as appropriate.
- Issue work to operatives and/or contractors and monitor performance, ensuring that work is undertaken timeously and to a satisfactory standard in accordance with internal procedures
- Assist the Team Leader to achieve challenging performance standards to drive forward service improvement and achievement.
- Assist in quality control inspection and feedback systems to ensure best value, in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Advise the Team Leader of any deficiencies of service delivery and recommend requirements, where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation (including Construction Design and Management – CDM) and recognised best practice.
- Assist the Team Leader in the assessment and planning of future resource requirements required to deliver a service consistent with the principles of best value.
- Assist in undertaking responsibilities in the event of emergency situations.
- Ensure that records are kept up to date for all aspects of area day-to-day repairs and maintenance works executed by both Property Maintenance and external contractors.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of Team Plans and Service Plan for service delivery aligned with the Council Plan.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures, as required.
- Develop and sustain effective internal and external relationships and appropriate partnerships in relation to the service being provided.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement using management information and customer feedback.
- Promote a positive image of the Property Maintenance service by providing excellent Customer Care.
- Promote the Council’s vision and values and a corporate culture that is positive, customer focused and supports employee engagement to the highest standards.
- Any other appropriate duties, as requested by Management, commensurate with the grade for the post.
Relevant HNC/SVQ3 or equivalent in Building, relevant Scotvec Level 3 technician qualification or other relevant building maintenance qualification and/or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and competencies gained through previous experience.
This role requires Standard Disclosure Clearance to allow access to the Public Sector Network. ELC will submit a Police Act Disclosure application on behalf of the preferred candidate and receipt of the subsequent certificate will be required prior to commencement.
- Relevant HNC/SVQ3 or equivalent in Building, relevant Scotvec Level 3 technician qualification or other relevant building maintenance qualification and/or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and competencies gained through previous experience.
- This role requires Standard Disclosure Clearance to allow access to the Public Sector Network. ELC will submit a Police Act Disclosure application on behalf of the preferred candidate and receipt of the subsequent certificate will be required prior to commencement.
- As you are required to travel to manage a workload, you must hold a current driving licence and/or have access to a vehicle.
- Relevant general building maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Understanding of effective customer care.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Effective organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise a varied and complex workload.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Ability to manage effective relationships with stakeholders with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality relating to sensitive or personal matters.
- Ability to investigate and resolve problems.
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload.