Regional Transport Manager - Glasgow
|Job Title:||Regional Transport Manager - Glasgow|
|Start Date:||2019-05-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Emma Halliwell|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2019 16:39|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Regional Transport Manager to organise and coordinate all aspects of the transport function within the depot, providing key support to the Depot Manager. This will involve a variety of tasks, focussing on delivery, collections and fuel scheduling, booking external haulage including purchase order arrangement, staff management and training, maintaining product knowledge and arranging for the upkeep of all vehicles.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holidays rising to 26 after 1 year plus bank holidays, salary bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
- Scheduling of all deliveries/collections/fuel
- Deal with day to day issues raising concerns
- Book relevant external haulage as and when required
- Raise and send purchase orders for external haulage used
- Ensuring PDAs are being used correctly and also ensure lightspeed/masternaut systems are utilised.
- Complete Monthly Tool Box talk in the presence of all drivers and depot manager
- Responsible for up keep of all vehicles
- Act as on call coordinator on a rota basis
- Complete Job Chats of all drivers on a 3 month repeat process
- Willing to complete any deliveries/collections as and when required
- Willing to take on board new commitments/responsibilities if and when required, i.e. New Process put in place relating to transport
- Keeping the depot tidy at all times
- Wearing full uniform and PPE at all times
- Maintaining knowledge of the group’s equipment for hire/sale and activities
- Conducting additional ad hoc duties as may be required
- Following all company procedures and policies in company handbook
- Ensuring all relevant training has been attended
- Supporting and communicating effectively with the depot team
- LGV Class 2 Licence
- Full CPC Qualification
- Managerial/Supervisor Experience
- ADR & Hiab Licence
- Experienced in logistics preferably within plant hire industry
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Fitter - Glasgow
£11.6 - £12.25 per hour
Circa £35k + benefits
£48000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car/allowance, holiday, pension,health care, life insurance, bonus etc