Recovery Worker (PCO) - Fixed Term Contract
|Job Title:||Recovery Worker (PCO) - Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary:||£23,312 pro-rated + allowance and London Weighting|
|Start Date:||2019-05-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019 12:13|
HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for a Recovery Worker (PCO) on a fixed term contract.
You will be required to offer psychosocial interventions for service users from the point of entry into the prison system to reintegration and release into the community. Support and encourage service users to overcome their substance misuse addictions and reduce their offending behaviour by working closely with them and external agencies to ensure the best possible continuity of care. You will aim to reduce reoffending and improving every aspect of their lives in line with Sodexo’s Quality of Life Services.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
**Please note you will need to be PCO Badged or will be required to complete a mandatory 9 week PCO training course to gain this badge**Package description
£23,312 pro-rated + allowance + £3,453 pro-rated London weighting
**Please note you will need to be PCO Badged or will be required to complete a mandatory 9 week PCO training course to gain this badge**
Fixed Term Contract until end of October 2019Main responsibilities
- Hold a large case load and work with clients from a diverse background who often have very complex needs (including dual diagnosis). Act as their key worker offering psychosocial interventions via 1-2-1 support and Group Sessions to assist in their rehabilitation process.
- Forge good working relationships with other services both internally and with external agencies outside of the Prison to ensure that service users have an excellent quality of service, continuity of care and to ensure effective joined up working.
- Complete initial screening assessments and comprehensive individual care plans to meet the needs of your clients.
- Deliver harm reduction advice including safer injecting, harm minimization, Naloxone awareness, safer sex and blood borne virus.
- Facilitate/co-facilitate groups, including mutual aid (SMART, NA and AA).
- Encourage, motivate and support clients through their Recovery journey.
- Undertake operational duties as and when required (Your PCO uniform must be readily available at all times)
- Work alongside, train, support and develop the Recovery Peer Mentors (residents) for ROTL (Release On Temporary License) and employment opportunities.
- Use Motivational interviewing techniques and empathic listening skills to help service users with their motivation to change their lives.
- Contribute to devising and delivering training for work colleagues outside of Recovery (Team Time).
- Sound knowledge of illicit substances including side effects and impact on health
- Sound knowledge of Opiate Substitute Treatment
- Ability to manage a large caseload of often challenging clients.
- Good conflict management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create comprehensive care plans & tailor your interventions to the needs of your service users.
- Understanding of mental health and dual diagnosis
- Good knowledge of Safer Custody (ACCT), self-harm and suicide awareness.
- Experience of working in the substance misuse field with clients in a custodial setting.
- A knowledge of blood borne viruses and sexual health
- Well organised and have good time management skills.
- Ability to liaise and develop links with statutory and non-statutory agencies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the Criminal Justice System
- Experience of working successfully with accrediting and regulatory bodies and implementing associated programmes.
- Ability to work on own initiative and proactively engage in supporting and promote the Substance Misuse Services.
- Have a sound knowledge of I.T. equipment and sofware, in particular Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- PCO badged
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£25,594.98 + London Weighting
Programme Facilitator/Programme Tutor (PSO) - Advertised on behalf of Essex CRC
Colchester and Southend
Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum
Responsible Officer (Band 3) - Advertised on behalf of Essex CRC
Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 pro-rated
Dependant on Experince