|Job Title:||QSW-Assessment Team|
|Salary:||£36381 - £46159 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jordanne Hayward|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 09:19|
Bucks have developed an ambitious improvement programme, including and the development of their workforce, development, plan that sets out a clear vision for delivering their number one priority, to improve the quality of social work practice and achieve positive outcomes with our local children and young people who are 'in need' of support, protection and care to improve social work services for children and young people in need of support, protection and care.
The Assessment Team service ensures referrals are responded to in a child focussed and timely way. This will mean working in line with the Children Act 1989, and any other legislation and standards appropriate to the particular area of service delivery.
Once a child is referred, the child will be allocated a Qualified Social worker who will undertake a Social Work assessment. This will include direct work with the child and family to implement an onging plan. You will undertake child and family assessments and investigate any concerns of neglect through section 47 investigations. As part of this role you will also be managing an assigned caseload and preparing and maintaining case records.
On completion of the Assessment a decision is made as to the most appropriate support for the child and family. This could be through a variety of approaches including multi agency support, a referral to other agencies, Children in Need Plan, Child Protection Plan, CLA Plan or NFA.
Working for Buckinghamshire Children's Social Care includes receiving a generous reward package including:
- Excellent salary of £36,381-£46,159 dependant on experience
- Golden Hello' lump sum payment of £2,125
- New lease car scheme
- Car allowance up to £600
- Annual leave of 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 12 - 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Children's Learning Academy with a Social Work Faculty that has close links with Buckinghamshire New University and a dynamic Master class programme led by academics, researchers and speakers
- New dedicated learning platform providing access to a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities, resources and tool
- Beyond Auditing' (Quality Assurance) Team works with the Principal Social Worker providing real time coaching and mentoring to evaluate and improve social work practice. This includes case consultations with allocated social workers and line managers, observation of practice and guided conversations with children, young people and their parents as well as other professional who know them.
- Reimbursement of full HCPC registration fee
- Free car parking
- Relocation package up to £8000
- Limited caseloads
No lengthy application forms required until after a job offer has been made, all we require initially is your CV to submit you to the position and help secure an interview for the right candidates.
DID YOU KNOW? Buckinghamshire is only 35 miles from London and 25 miles from Oxford? We are closer than you think!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£18000 - £20000 per annum, Benefits: On Target Earnings
Social Worker - Adults
£22 - £24 per hour
Morning Healthcare Assistant
£9.00 - £11.00 per hour, Benefits: Mileage & Travel time paid
07:00-09:15 Healthcare Assistant
£9.00 per hour, Benefits: Mileage & Travel time paid
Weekend Healthcare Assistant
£9.00 - £13.50 per hour, Benefits: Mileage & Travel time paid