|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Salary:||£33000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Company Car OR Car Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Willey|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2019 10:12|
Location - Culdrose
Salary - £33,000 - £35,000
Interview Date - TBC
Start Date - ASAP
A company who I am working closely with have a new opportunity for a Project Manager - The company provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services across multiple sites in the South West.
The purpose of this role is to manage additional work projects up to the total value of £1m in a year and ensure they are delivered safely, effectively and efficiently on time and on budget to a quality standard. The successful candidates will be responsible for project status reporting, liaising with the customer and end user to ensure operational activities are not affected and that any changes to programmes and potential issues are escalated appropriately.
Main Duties and Responsibilities -
- Responsible for scoping, costing and project managing life cycle replacement and client generated additional works projects.
- Ensure all project opportunities are assessed for commercial and safety risks and priced accordingly.
- Responsible for the delivery on time and within budget of project works including pre-start meetings, health and safety, programme and snagging for a variety of project types including mechanical and electrical, building and minor works.
- Ensure all labour and material resources are available and planned.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure compliance with client and company health and safety processes and procedures including CDM regulations.
- Prepare, plan and co-ordinate all activities associated with disruptions arising from project works including liaison with the client and all related parties.
- Appoint and manage suitable contractors and direct labour staff to deliver the site works; ensuring they have required competencies for their roles.
- Display a sound knowledge of contract requirements for the services managed.
- Interrogate system reports to monitor project delivery and financial performance.
- Report on project status at banding and project meetings and detail any necessary recovery plans to achieve project targets and deadlines.
- Promote a pro-active safety culture and conduct safety inspections on project work activities.
Essential experience and qualifications of the successful Project Manager -
- Level 5 NVQ or equivalent work experience in an electrical/mechanical or building discipline.
- Experience of project management within a similar environment.
- Completed or willing to undertake IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH Construction and management.
- Previous experience in either a supervisor or project manager role.
- Project management methodology – APM or PRINCE2.
- Previous experience of working in a MoD environment.
- Ability to manage, programme and monitor projects against requirements and budget.
- Ability to communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieve high levels of operational performance.
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness by understanding strategic/operational needs of the business and key drivers.
- Can demonstrate track record of effectively managing individuals and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to challenge and have awkward conversations.
- Competent with standard MS office applications, SharePoint and ERP management information systems.
- Experienced at analysing data, reading and interpreting construction drawings, understanding the outcomes and transposing the information to make key business decisions.
- Sound decision making based on information available and ability to react to changing demands and prioritise activities according to available resources.
- Ability to manage expectations of all stakeholders.
If this Project Manager role is of an interest to you then please don't hesitate to contact Ryan @ RGB Or APPLY now to submit your CV for consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's