|Salary||£35700 - £46000 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
This unique opportunity allows you to play a major part in the operation of the new market arrangements, providing essential and integral support in this challenging area. You will be working in a fast, dynamic team with ample opportunity to make a difference in the way we operate.
The role will involve:
- Providing financial support to Project /Programme Managers.
- Month end, forecasting, budget management and variance analysis activities, along with other ad-hoc duties.
- Ensuring accurate and timely financial records are kept for relevant projects.
- Ensuring projects within your area of responsibility meet the requirements of the monthly forecast process.
- Supporting the Finance Lead in ensuring a high level of financial control is in place.
- Ensuring monthly variances on projects actual spend and movements in forecast outturn costs are understood.
- Responsibility for the SAP maintenance of your projects, including project set-up, milestones, budgets and asset commissioning.
- Supporting the project teams on the use and analysis of earned value (EV) data.
- Monthly collation and analysis of finance data such as schedule derived ‘estimates to complete (ETCs)’.
- You I’ll have experience with financial reporting & budgeting.
- You come from a project accounting / PMO background.
- You have experience with working on multiple projects with conflicting priorities.
- You can handle month-end reporting including forecasting & variance analysis
- You will be proficient in the use of MS tools - Advanced MS Excel (pivot tables, v look ups, macros) PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- You will have a working knowledge of SAP.
- You will have a high attention to detail and capable of handling complex data.
- Desirable but not necessary experience and skills include: working knowledge of earned value management (EVM). Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in finance, accounting or other financial discipline.
You will be responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely financial information to support and enable the analysis and reporting of Thames Digital’s financial position. Developing and managing the relationship with the programme managers and the delivery team will be key to this role.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.