|Job Title:||Production Engineer|
|Salary:||£26000 - £38000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Hanif Robbani|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2019 16:54|
To manage new product introduction and engineering change with DFM and DFT techniques, ensuring all build documentation data is accurate and up to date. To become the focal point between Manufacturing and Engineering, prioritising these requests in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
Main Responsibilities - Duties
1. Create build Instructions for new products and update as required with support from Engineering and Production Teams.
2. Application of Lean Manufacturing principles to continually improve productivity and reduce lead times for all current and future products.
3. Represent the Production team at all relevant Engineering Design Reviews ensuring that Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) are embedded within the product development cycle giving maximum quality and efficiency at the lowest cost.
4. Lead and supervise the production of engineering prototypes and pre-production models.
5. Create, manage and authorise all supporting build documentation, programmes, data, files and reports so that they are created and maintained in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Support Bid Proposals through delivery of accurate and relevant information to the Bid Team
7. Liaise with the Production Manager and Engineering to provide accurate build time estimation for use in scheduling and resource planning.
8. Continuous review of all current manufacturing processes to drive a rapid response culture.
9. Support Project teams to ensure programmes are completed to agreed timescales and are costs.
10. Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure that 'Design to Cost' objectives are clearly defined and effectively managed throughout the project lifecycle.
11. Continuous Improvement, You will have responsibility to make suggestions on Continuous Improvement within the business; expectations are around 4 a year.
Reporting/ Key Relationships
1. Working closely with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
2. Reporting progress and status to Project Management.
3. Customers and Suppliers
Characteristics and Competencies:
1. Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives, with good planning and organisation skills
2. Good written and verbal interpersonal and presentation skills
3. Confident, Flexible and dynamic with a creative outlook to issue resolution
4. Team Player, with the ability to Build, Motivate and Lead teams
1. HNC/Degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Production Engineering
2. Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
3. Experience of Lean manufacturing
1. Knowledge and understanding of workflow management
2. Knowledge of Mechanical or Electronic Design a distinct advantage
3. Understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
4. Commercial awareness, understanding of costs and margins
5. Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Other Requirements/ Travel
1. The role is based in the Gloucester facility; occasional travel may be required to customers, suppliers and other API sites from time to time
2. Continuous Improvement, You will have responsibility to make suggestions on Continuous Improvement within the business; expectations are around 4 a year. This responsibility forms part all employees' job description.
3. Ensure compliance with all company policies
4. Full UK Driving License
5. Able to occasionally work away from home both Nationally and Internationally
6. It is essential to the role that all candidate must be eligible for security vetting
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£33000 - £35000 per annum
£25000 - £36000 per annum
£25000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits Package + Career Development
£35000 - £42000 per annum
£25000 - £30000 per annum