As a Compliance Product Engineer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that all Cromwell own brand products specify the correct standards and meet the correct regulations. You will also ensure all regulations & standards databases are maintained, and advise the business on general impacts on new / changing product regulations or standards.
An excellent opportunity to shape this newly scoped role and make your own.
- Be the SME on Cromwell Product compliance.
- Support to the Compliance Director.
- Carry out internal and external supplier audits and inspections as applicable.
- Support customer site audit reviews & facilitate any non-conformances & observations.
- Drive and implement change through development of continuous improvement programmes.
- Liaise with managers and advise on all related product compliance queries in relating to any assigned program.
- Stay current on all new and emerging product compliance and regulations.
- Deliver an excellent internal and external customer experience.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Grainger product compliance team members.
- Support Certificate of Conformity processes where appropriate
- Able to support the wider Compliance team with all areas of the compliance spectrum to ensure a continuous seamless service to our customer base.
The ideal candidate
- Experience of Product Compliance / Engineer (ideal but not essential)
- Ability to lead as well as facilitate site audits.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills at a senior level.
- Ability to meet deadlines on program implementations and key milestone management.
- High standard of customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of regulatory / product compliance standards.
- Ability to effectively work with a matrix reporting structure.
- Ability to influence all levels to comply with legislation.
- Strong attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
The chance to join a multinational organisation with ambitious growth plans and one where team members truly matter. Our people focus incudes engagement, development opportunities and career path, diversity and the ability to influence.
As one of our employees, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a variety of benefits, including 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), free car parking, defined contribution pension scheme and employee discounts on products and retailers.
For further information on the benefits package for this role, please contact us on 0116 2001609
Cromwell, Fabory, Grainger Global Online and Zoro Tools Europe are subsidiaries of W.W. Grainger, a U.S. Fortune 500 industrial supplies business.
Cromwell has been established for over 50 years and is a supplier of maintenance, repair and operations type products, offering an unrivalled choice of products to all industries, professions and trades.
From cutting tools to personal protection products and from precision equipment to abrasives and power tools, our extensive range brings together all the major brands and more in an unrivalled selection available from a single source.
We also offer a diverse profile of technical and specialist support, which ranges from in-depth product expertise, to on-site solutions to enable you to maximise performance.
We offer next day delivery or collection from our nationwide Stock Centres, supported by an overnight UK logistics network.