|Job Title:||Data Lead|
|Salary:||£313 - £402 per day|
|Contact Name:||Marta Dimetros|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2019 15:50|
- To lead and direct teams responsible for managing data and providing business intelligence on behalf the directorate.
- To lead and implement a strong performance management culture to support the Council’s aspiration for high quality customer facing services and deliver a genuine measurable step change in the performance.
- To initiate and ensure good practice is identified and used to achieve high quality services that set a benchmark for others to compare. To critically assess and challenge current service delivery methods and implement and work with colleagues to improve data quality, performance, processes and reduce costs.
- To ensure leadership and managers have a strategic and cohesive oversight of data management, business intelligence information from across the directorate to manage the quality, performance and cost of services and drive improvement.
- To initiate and establish a performance management culture across the directorate, maximise the value and impact of business reporting functions and provide strategic direction and advice on the effective use of performance, financial and quality information to achieve the directorate’s objectives and KPIs.
- To initiate and implement systems to maintain and undertake quality assurance assessments on all projects, contracts and services; measured against various strategies, policies, standards, specifications and plans.
- To ensure that the data and business information is informed and employs relevant new and emerging policy and legislation - including but not limited to excellence in data handling and GDPR compliance.
- To work with systems colleagues to understand and improve the directorate wide data layer, taking a strategic approach to records management and maximising the value of data held.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
● Provision of information and data to support and shape service delivery
● Supporting strategy development
● Design and provision of intelligence and data to actively support service delivery at the front line, decision making by management and leadership, transparency to residents, effectively manage contracts and client relationships, comply with statutory requirements
● Participate in benchmarking where helpful, take and ‘end to end’ approach to evidencing delivery of outcomes
● Be the department lead on Information Security and Data Protection as this relates to data held electronically.
● Ensure the team collates and co-ordinates all performance, quality and budget measures and produces a comprehensive suite of business information that reflects the whole directorates performance for the period so that it can be used to improve services.
● Review and confirm the defined operational information, analysis and reporting needs, in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders ensuring business reporting resources deliver solutions that meet expectations.
● Oversee and identify contract performance issues/concern across the directorate and work collaboratively with managers to direct compliance issues/concerns for investigation and resolution.
● Develop and initiate a learning culture and implement strategic approaches to service and continuous improvement incorporating feedback from customer’s complaints, involvement and satisfaction surveys.
● Build and maintain effective working relationships with service managers, colleagues and external partners, promote collaborative working and sharing of best practice among teams to inform continuous improvement of services and ensure that business practices are consistency adhered to.
● Provide business support for collating, recording and producing financial information to manage sundry accounts, leaseholders charges, tenants re-charges and insurance claims.
● Work with the Management Team as necessary to develop specific responses to government, regulatory or sector policies, proposals and initiatives and take the lead in self-assessment in relation to standards, regulation and inspection.
Essential: Degree or equivalent professional experience of managing and interrogating different data sets.
Desirable: Qualifications to support any of the following: Service design,Data, Programme and project management, Housing, Local government business management
- Knowledge of the combination of the following areas is desirable:
- Information management and data protection.
- Social housing and Homelessness
- Planning, development, and place shaping
- Economic development
- Service delivery management
- Programme and project management
- Management of a team
- Senior stakeholder management
- Experience of extracting data and presenting information for different purposes including Performance Frameworks, to a range of recipients,
- Ability to develop quality routines to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Experience of using appropriate technology to extract, write and present information (including complex reports from multiple data sources) for different purposes including the ability to analyse data to inform business decisions.
- Ability to define, implement and maintain standards for data quality and data management.
- Experience of using Content Management Systems regarding managing intranet/internet content.
- Understand Information Policies and how they apply to the use of data.
- Understanding of data as an asset, it’s value both in driving in efficiency and good service delivery, and in its own right
- Knowledge of GDPR and related legislation
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Lead Buyer - Electrical & Electronics
£38000 - £45000 per annum
Treasury Team Leader
£15.57 per hour, Benefits: free parking
£8.00 - £8.50 per hour, Benefits: free parking
Leasehold Income Team Manager
£18 - £20 per hour
£28000 - £30000 per annum