|Job Title:||Principal Buyer|
|Salary:||£38000 - £45000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty McEwen|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2019 17:00|
£38,000 - £45,000 + benefits
* Please note, as this client is within the defence sector a full SC clearance is required. British Nationals and Dual Nationalities considered.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Mechanical team for a lead buyer in the Mechanical Procurement domain in support of Manufacturing and Engineering. The lead buyer within the UK Mechanical team provides support to the Manufacturing and Engineering functions and covers the lifecycle from Project Development/Engineering through to volume Production/Manufacturing
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the development & implementation of Category strategies, pro-actively providing ideas and solutions.
• Leading negotiations with suppliers to optimise cost, delivery and quality of products.
• Taking active participation, in multifunctional and international teams, to support definition and negotiation strategies for specific categories and/or projects. Leading national multi-functional teams as required.
• Managing suppliers and, where necessary, building up longer-term supplier management expectations.
• Contributing to managing supplier performance in support of the Supply Chain Managers Operational targets.
• Building strong relationships with Internal customers in order to effectively serve their needs, often with shorter than expected timescales.
• Actively supporting functional excellence programmes, identifying and developing areas for improvement where new processes may be required.
• Providing and sometimes presenting briefs and reports for Senior Management reviews including potential issues/risks.
• Identifying & securing savings opportunities
• Raising & negotiating contract documents.
• Raising, maintaining and managing Request for Quotations, Purchase Orders and outstanding order books in an effective and timely manner.
What are we looking for?
• HNC in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and or Business Studies or applicable experience (Significant practical experience, vocational or academic qualifications.)
• Commercial acumen, CIPS qualified (Preferred)
• Knowledge of Mechanical technologies e.g. Machining (Preferred), Fabrication, (Preferred), Forgings (Preferred), Ball Screws, Bearings, Optics, Composites, ALM and Standard Components etc.
• Good Negotiation/influencing skills
• Strong team skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Understanding of cost make up/drivers.
• Competence in understanding of technical queries with the ability to liaise between suppliers and customers.
• Understanding of Product Assurance / Supply Chain Assurance (continuous improvement philosophy)
• A proactive & flexible approach to plan and meet demanding deadlines.
If you are an expert in the procurement of machinery and mechanical parts, this role could be the one for you.
In return you will receive a salary of £38,000 - £45,000 + additional benefits including flexible working and overtime. If this position sounds of interest, please apply with your CV today.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's