PHP Web Developer
|Job Title:||PHP Web Developer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Flexi Time, Discounts, Gym Membership +|
|Start Date:||2019-08-26 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Angela Jay|
|Job Published:||July 11, 2019 15:40|
Contract :- Permanent
Location :- Wigan (WN2)
Salary :- Up to £32K + benefits
Hrs :- Monday - Friday (full time) 9am-5pm
Our client, a leading UK distribution company who supply well known household products to major retailers.
They are currently recruiting an experienced PHP Web Developer to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining databases and ensure optimal performance, availability and resiliency of web applications.
This role is an ideal opportunity for candidates who want a long term career within a reputable company.
As the PHP Web Developer, your duties will Include :-
- Design and develop highly transactional, database driven web application and API's as well as resilient, highly available web services.
- Develop and/or extend ecommerce websites.
- Deliver well considered and securely engineered code in line with OWASP recommendations.
- Be involved in the testing of existing websites and applications, finding bugs and implementing suitable fixes.
- Constantly improve code, performance and maintain current and future platforms.
- Develop functional and appealing web applications based on business requirements.
- Evaluate web technologies which could increase sales on ecommerce platforms.
The successful PHP Web Developer will hold the following skills/experience :-
- Must have a good grasp of Object-Oriented Development techniques.
- Good knowledge of design patterns and be able to prove their applicability in the software design process.
- Experience using Symfony (ideal), Zend framework2/3 or Laravel.
- Experience with MySQL 5+ and skilled in writing custom SQL.
- Experience of ORM and DBAL tools.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Must be passionate about web development with a can-do attitude.
- Must be customer focused with excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidates will received a vast list of company benefits which includes flexi-time, staff discounts, gym memberships, cycle to work scheme and training a personal development opportunities (amongst many more).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's