|Job Title:||Personal Assistant|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 15:47|
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
You’ll provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to a number of department heads across a variety of departments, to ensure the smooth operation of the department heads’ diaries, travel arrangements and admin functions (expenses etc). You’ll be the go to person for the business.
The role will be busy, fast paced and requires accuracy, discretion, forward thinking and planning.
What will I be doing?
- As a Personal Assistant you’ll provide full support to the department head including: diary management, travel and expenses, preparing routine correspondence on behalf of the department head.
- You’ll be responsible for drafting, producing and amending correspondence, documents, reports, agendas and minutes etc using copy and audio skills
- You’ll work on your own initiative on many occasions related to the overall objectives for the departmental activities supported. This may involve the collation and analysis of data, production of presentations and research as required.
- As the Personal Assistant you’ll support new employees joining the team both within their department and within the administrative group. This will include assistance with induction, new equipment, systems, introductions and coaching where needed. The Personal Assistant will be expected to take the initiative in this respect.
- You’ll liaise with the Executive Assistant manager to review the administrative function across the business and make recommendations to ensure the effective and efficient provision of administrative support.
- You’ll be responsible for liaising with external third parties to represent the AA when organising meetings, hospitality and broader business opportunities.
- As the Personal Assistant you’ll handle many items and documents which are confidential and will treat all such matters with the utmost discretion.
What do I need?
- Previous experience of working within regulated Financial Service/ Insurance sectors
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and the ability to produce imaginative creative presentations under direction about the content.
- Very good communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to compose well written business letters and basic reports. Must be able to empathise with people, and convey information accurately and concisely.
- Ability to conduct own analysis and research, and transpose into report or presentation format.
- Good basic budgeting skills. Must understand the way that invoices are paid in the AA. Must be able to keep good comprehensive records and assist with the departmental budgeting process.
- Previous experience organising papers and collating confidential information essential
- Ability to prioritise within an ever-changing and fast-moving environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy whilst keeping many things active
- Excellent organisational and administrative talents
- Excellent team worker. Assists colleagues freely and is able to act as mentor and coach to department assistant and new starters.
- To be a strong team player
- Tact, diplomacy and respect for total confidentiality and discretion
- Dynamic, switched-on, positive and assertive approach
- Confident yet willing to roll up sleeves and get stuck in
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's